PDA

View Full Version : Thought this was cool

Smaug067
November 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Rented Disney's re-make of "The Shaggy Dog" over the weekend. In one scene the desktop is Ubuntu. Very kewl!!!

Dual Cortex
November 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think you are the first person to report such occurrence!

Brunellus
November 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM
goes to show--not even Disney can clear copyright/trademark rights for their movies.

DoctorMO
November 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
And where may I ask are the screen shots? get the dvd and do shots for us so we can review it.

Smaug067
November 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
And where may I ask are the screen shots? get the dvd and do shots for us so we can review it.

Will do... hafta wait 'til this evening, tho!

~LoKe
November 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Kinda neat. Can't say I've ever seen the movie though...

Rhubarb
November 6th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Isn't Steve Jobs on the board for Disney?
I know apple and Disney are in bed together, interesting that Ubuntu was running there!
Maybe ILM were involved in the movie (they use all sorts of OS's ... and they love python!)
Or maybe a tech there liked it. Who knows. But it's all good news to my ears!

DoctorMO
November 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Oh come on even Steve Job back when Pixar was it's own thing had Linux doing their rendering and development machines. no big suprise that the animations industry likes Linux; mainly because it has some of the best tools for the job.

Smaug067
November 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
OK... don't frag me!;) Upon closer inspection, it's not Ubuntu, but some version of *******. Background and toolbar sure seem like it, tho. Guess I just get over enthusiastic sometimes.

Brunellus
November 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
OK... don't frag me!;) Upon closer inspection, it's not Ubuntu, but some version of *******. Background and toolbar sure seem like it, tho. Guess I just get over enthusiastic sometimes.
Windows XP, possibly themed. note prominent product placement of HP and Windows Internet Explorer icons.

puppy
November 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
How sad - and here's me thinking Ubuntu had found fame at last :(

bluenova
November 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I always like that in the film The Matrix, Neo presses CTRL + C to try and get rid of the message on his screen, and all the Windows fan boys who are watching the film are saying, 'That's so lame, why would he press CTRL + C'.

DoctorMO
November 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
har har, it'll be interesting in the comming years to see what is taken from the it world and gains a spot light. ubuntu won't be because it doesn't have enough money to bribe.

Brunellus
November 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I always like that in the film The Matrix, Neo presses CTRL + C to try and get rid of the message on his screen, and all the Windows fan boys who are watching the film are saying, 'That's so lame, why would he press CTRL + C'.
I NEVER noticed that.

GStubbs43
November 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Well, this isn't Ubuntu, but it is Linux (see the icons) and it's clearly runnning Songbird!
http://www.antitheist.net/personal/shark_s01e04_songbird.jpg
It was on Shark episode 4.