The main reason I still have Xp on my machine is EQ2
cant run it in wine from what i have read :(
Homeworld is fine with wine
diablo II is fine with wine
warzone 2100 is native :D
gonna snag spring
jonesing to try TA3d

<Sigh> I like EQ2 :P
3 level 70 crafters 1 66 crafter and 2 more in the wings.

anyone ever had Postal 2 work in wine?
<rant on>
Dammit i wish companies would wake up and realize that change is coming and people around the world are using linux more and more. (especially outside the USA). I think this Vista-DRM crap is exactly that. Hasnt the industry learned yet since the dawn of copy protection it has always failed and just made it harder for us legal buyers. Vista is a bloated windows xp with tons of drm features to make the entertainment industry happy. Which it will horribly fail as it always does and in the end making the end user dealing with bloated crap that doesnt work but still implemented. We can have vulnerabilities in our browsers and other programs that leave the user wide open and they take days, weeks, or even months to even be addressed. (a few havent yet) and yet you show a vulnerability in its DRM or 'patch-guard" instant patches. for crap that will be circumvented any how. BAH!
oh well <rant off>

maagimies
November 6th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I know what you mean, I have to boot to XP to play Morrowind and Arcanum, both were big failures with Wine.

Dual Cortex
November 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
If I hadn't played MMORPG's some years ago, chances of going to an Ivy league school would have been REALLY high. I'm 16 and I'm already regretting my gaming 'experiences.'
Still haven't applied for college but... well I could be accepted to one of them... just not that high probability I could have had.