PDA

View Full Version : do any of you work/worked for microsoft ?

MaximB
November 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I don't want to start fire here , just a quite polite talk.

8 months ago (when I didn't know what is Linux) I've started an MCSE course and ironically it was there that I found about Linux (from my teacher) and I'm using Linux ubuntu ever since (about 6 months now).
I've looked into Linux exams and man...they really hard for me.
I would like some day to convert my qualification to Linux but that won't happen soon.

but everyone have to make a living.
so I thought, is any of you Linux users work or worked for microsoft ?
if you worked and quite your job in microsoft, why ? what pushed you to do this ? a better job or ideological reasons ?

frup
November 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/08/28/000828opcringe.html

It's old and I can't verify it, but it appears Microsoft themselves often use Linux, so their employees must :) lol./

There's a few things like that floating round Google lol.

frup
November 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=24

That one indicates theres been an ex-microsoft ubuntu user.

kerry_s
November 6th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Guilty, but i'm a X-microsofter. They have a habit of rubbing the wrong way, my time was years ago, it's all a blur now. :-#

HW_Hack
November 6th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Isn't this site blocked at Microsoft ??:mrgreen:

kerry_s
November 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Isn't this site blocked at Microsoft ??:mrgreen:

No they don't block sites, they want to be able to check on you. :-?

Polygon
November 7th, 2006, 05:19 AM
you might be thinking of microsofts new ceo (i forget his name) who has disallowed his kids to use ipods, use google or any other search engine besides msn and a bunch of other stuff that is just really stupid. Maybe instead of forcing his kids to use their products maybe they should make it so that ppl will WANT to use their products without being forced.

chaosgeisterchen
November 7th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Ray Ozzie was his name iirc.

Such narrow-minded tactics are not very modern.

MaximB
November 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
you might be thinking of microsofts new ceo (i forget his name) who has disallowed his kids to use ipods, use google or any other search engine besides msn and a bunch of other stuff that is just really stupid. Maybe instead of forcing his kids to use their products maybe they should make it so that ppl will WANT to use their products without being forced.

actually most people want to use microsoft software , that is b/z they don't know anything else.

sagarhshah
November 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I dunno if this counts but I worked during the summer for msn UK.

xyz
November 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I dunno if this counts but I worked during the summer for msn UK.

Doing what if I may ask?

MaximB
November 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
so I understand that none of you work in Novell ;)