View Full Version : Ok - who rides !!!

HW_Hack
November 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Lets see who likes to ride on 2 wheels - from scooters to hogs

Ridden both dirt and street -- now have an '04 Harley Road King

But I have to say the new Kawasaki Concours looks dam* fine

Titus A Duxass
November 6th, 2006, 09:01 AM
A 24yr old GPZ900R bought for a song in a bar.
Still does 140+ - gets the old pulse going.

pmj
November 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I voted crotch rocket. That's the category bicycles go in, right?

mips
November 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I used to do lot's of off-road riding. Loved my KTM 200exc !

hashimoto
November 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I ride: Honda XRV750 Africa Twin.
No vote yet, I would like to see dual-purpose/adventure tourer category.

shining
November 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Aren't all the choices motorcycles?
If so, you are insulting the "rider" term.

beercz
November 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Me too - I ride a bicycle every now and then - usually with my kids :-)

Stew2
November 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Current streeter is a Honda Shadow ACE, have had tons of other street and dirt bikes over the years. Mostly had Honda's. I would trade the ACE in on a Goldwing if I could afford it. :D

Regards,
Stew2

shining
November 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM

I didn't know what it was, so I googled for it, and it seems to refer to a sport motorcycle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_bike
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crotch+rocket&defid=1061244

Rule
November 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I plan on getting my motorcycle license next year and hope to buy a used Kawasaki 650R

http://kawasaki.ca/street_touring/650R/

:twisted:

Dual Cortex
November 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I dont ride...
hmmm...But I like giving rides.

Jellicletrb
November 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yamaha 1100 V-Star, my "Yamahog" :mrgreen: A counterfeit harley...can't afford a 'real' motorcycle, but I'm saving my pennies.

Brunellus
November 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
all my two-wheeled riding is self-powered. If I wanted to get a motorbike....it won't be a Harley. I don't want to look like some aging baby boomer hardman wannabe.

mips
November 6th, 2006, 03:44 PM

Nope, usually refers to something in the superbike league like Hayabusa , YZF-R1, ZX-12R etc.

cmorgan47
November 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
didn't vote. none apply.

75 cb400f cafe racer....i guess those turned into crotch rockets.

doobit
November 8th, 2006, 02:57 AM
My avatar is my bike. Suzuki VL800

professor_chaos
November 8th, 2006, 03:18 AM
BMW R1100S
Everything is faster in yellow!

K.Mandla
November 8th, 2006, 07:36 AM
I have a bicycle. :oops:

But then again, I haven't bought a gallon of gasoline, paid car (or motorcycle) insurance, made a car (or motorcycle) payment or paid for repairs since 2002. 8)

Titus A Duxass
November 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM
75 CB400F Cafe Racer - that is cool!

I had one of those once (not a cafe racer) with a Seeley End Pipe - beautiful sound.

Mr.Auer
November 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Ugh, you ugly gasoline fascists! I ride evryday, everywhere, and not one of my transports is gasoline powered! Muscle power and freedom for me, thank you. Biking is like open source transportation to me ;)

I have one road bicycle, for summer use, one XC hardtail mountainbike for everyday, all season use (studded tires for winter) and one full suspendison freeride bike, for the worst winter weather and bombing the trails, drops and downhills.
Here are links to pics of all three:
http://koti.welho.com/kjussil1/cressu.jpg
http://koti.welho.com/kjussil1/coiler.jpg
http://koti.welho.com/kjussil1/russo-sport.jpg

The soviet union made vintage road bike has already got new moustache handlebars, and will get new bottom bracket and crankarms with clipon pedals next summer ;) Winter is here already, snow and ice too, so mtbs are now equipped with em studs .. and both have lock pedals.
Motorized vehicles? I use the bus, tram and metro when needed :p

Distances biked imn the summer - commonly 10-60 km easily, longest ones up to 200 kms, in the winter, 60-70 km trips tops, normally work trips etc in 10-30 km range.

Biking is an attitude and a lifestyle...Hot calves, quads and buttocks are a result ;)

fuscia
November 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
my one experience on a bike was riding on the back with a fat friend of mine driving (is it still called 'driving' on a bike?). it was probably the smallest motorcycle ever made and there was not a whole lot of room for me. i told my friend i was starting to slip. he said "jump up", but i thought he said "jump off", so i jumped off. my feet hit the ground and then the helmet hit the ground. i thought we were going slowly enough that i wouldn't have any trouble. oops! good thing i was wearing a helmet. haven't been on one since and that was 34 years ago.

darkghost
November 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
For me it's a scooter. You can't beat it in the city traffic! And you dont need to find parking...awesome. Ok my gf is a little scared, but i'm a prudent driver ;-)

Rhubarb
November 8th, 2006, 11:28 AM
For me it's the road racing bicycle, cheap to run and maintain, heaps of fun out on the road - I can beat most motorbikes on the road in traffic.

mips
November 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
For me it's a scooter. You can't beat it in the city traffic! And you dont need to find parking...awesome. Ok my gf is a little scared, but i'm a prudent driver ;-)

I would love to get my hands on an old Vespa and restore it. Apparantly it is hard to get spares. Would make a nice run-around town vehicle, those Vespas are classy.

cmorgan47
November 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Biking is like open source transportation to me

as is motorcycle customization

vayu
November 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I have a bicycle. :oops:

But then again, I haven't bought a gallon of gasoline, paid car (or motorcycle) insurance, made a car (or motorcycle) payment or paid for repairs since 2002. 8)

Bicycles all the way here too. Given the environmental and political conditions of today I'm not into combustion engines for recreation.

CbrPad
November 8th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Same here, though I voted it as being in the Sports Tourer as that seemed to be the closest.

I ride: Honda XRV750 Africa Twin.
No vote yet, I would like to see dual-purpose/adventure tourer category.