PDA

View Full Version : nUbuntu Linux - A Forgotten Distribution?

Not the man I once was
November 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Greetings All,

I have a question. While surfing earlier, I remembered an Ubuntu distribution that I had meant to download a burn onto media, nUbuntu Linux (http://www.nubuntu.org/), the Security distribution of Ubuntu. Now, obviously the main aim of this build is for Security and Network Administration but it seems to me that to all intensive purposes, it's forgotten.

I'm writing this post within the Live CD just now and I can say that it is an absolute pleasure to use, although navigation is slightly unusual in that it's a right-click based context menu for quick, yet easy navigation around the system, you can install Nautilus, Gaim, Firefox et al via the Console and it's very Elightenment based I find. Has anyone else used this distribution; if not briefly?

:-k

I'd like to know of people's thoughts, as I'm currently looking to become a Security Advisor for UNIX, Linux and Windows as a career. I'm currently studying for Microsoft Certification, Apple Mac Certification and GNU/Linux Certification, the latter two at a later point in life with Microsoft taking preference at the moment.

Regards,
Not the man I once was

featherking
November 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I used it for a while and also enjoyed it, when i first stumbled upon it the updates were very infrequent and thats sort of what drew me away you could say. I just liked having the latest version of say, kismet for example. Now though i run ubuntu full-time on my laptop and i have just installed most of the tools available on the live disc onto my laptop

But i digress, it is a good distro. the window manager is based on fluxbox i believe