PDA

View Full Version : Hoary and I have parted ways.. :(

somuchfortheafter
April 24th, 2005, 02:32 AM
As good as Hoary is with its xorg server and more updated packges alas I have had to install warty to replace it on my laptop as it is impossible to get monitor mode to work on my wireless card. I had it previously in warty with no problems, however this procedure did not work in hoary. Neither did installing entirely different drivers, recompiling a kernel or reading hours on google. So whatever got broken in hoary, i hope someone can find it and fix it. I would love to do a bug report but honestly I have no idea what is broken.

XDevHald
April 24th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I have this SAME problem, my card does not work, but is supported on hoary.

Well, if I do come accross this information myself, I'll e-mail you A.S.A.P :)

somuchfortheafter
April 24th, 2005, 02:54 AM
thanks

az
April 24th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Filing a bug report would be pretty important. What is your card?

How did you get it to work in Warty (briefly)?

poofyhairguy
May 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
As good as Hoary is with its xorg server and more updated packges alas I have had to install warty to replace it on my laptop as it is impossible to get monitor mode to work on my wireless card. I had it previously in warty with no problems, however this procedure did not work in hoary. Neither did installing entirely different drivers, recompiling a kernel or reading hours on google. So whatever got broken in hoary, i hope someone can find it and fix it. I would love to do a bug report but honestly I have no idea what is broken.

Too bad you are gone, I figured it out tonight. You need the hostap drivers. instructions are here:

https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DLinkDWL520E1

somuchfortheafter
May 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
lol well the funny thing is that i cannot hold a grudge very long so I got tired of warty not having the menus and all that crap so I came back to hoary and got the orinoco drivers semi working in monitor mode. I say semi well because it is half and half lol. however I shall try to get the hostap drivers working now, thanks for the tutorial.

poofyhairguy
May 6th, 2005, 11:05 PM
thanks for the tutorial.

No problem. We have the same goals. I also recently got gkismet to work!!!!!