PDA

View Full Version : Free Mozart download til next Friday!

xyz
November 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
If anyone is interested, you can download 3 hours of Mozart music for free on the RSR (Radio Suisse Romande- the French-speaking Radio) site.
Of course, the site's in French and if you encounter promblems finding your way around, just let me know! RSR Mozart .mp3 Free Download (http://www.rsr.ch/service-public/20061009-mozart-en-mp3-premiere-suisse/)

OOPS!! I just noticed there's an English version:
H E R E (http://rsr.ch/service-public/20061019-mozart-on-mp3-a-swiss-premiere)

nandasunu
November 4th, 2006, 11:05 AM
thanks.

EdThaSlayer
November 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
That will be quite nice. Seems I will download some Mozart, even though the only times I have heard his music was during my music classes.

MedivhX
November 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
...only times I have heard his music was during my music classes.

LOL, same case!

xyz
November 4th, 2006, 12:18 PM
and last time I heard about Windows was in my Ubuntu class!! Just kidding! lol
As far as Mozart is concerned...it's never toooo late!

darkghost
November 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, thanks!

(je vais si souvent à Lausanne , en ecoutant rsr en voiture, mais je savais pas, merci!)

BWF89
November 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Sweet, I'll check this out later today.

/subscribes to thread

kennylog
November 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
thanks for this, I will see if I like it :)
never tried classical music before

hartl_vienna
November 4th, 2006, 05:56 PM
It's really shamefull: I'm from Vienna, Austria and I've never heard a concert from Mozart before. :redface:

So thank you for the link! :-({|=

Dual Cortex
November 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks for this!
HIs works sometimes gives me chills. It's just impressing.

PapaWiskas
November 4th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Thank you very much.

K.Mandla
November 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks a bunch for the link! :)

Yossarian
November 4th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Merci beaucoup.

I'm downloading a few right now.

Sef
November 5th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Totem wants to open the file instead of saving it. How can I get around this problem? (Totem has no icon on Edgy for some reason.)

theicyj
November 5th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Sweet, thanks!

andiii
November 5th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Thanks for sharing that link!

Totem wants to open the file instead of saving it. How can I get around this problem? (Totem has no icon on Edgy for some reason.)

In your browser? How about Right-Klick --> Save Link As..

Dr. C
November 5th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the link

Iandefor
November 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Amazing!

The more I hear about Switzerland, the more it sounds like a totally awesome place. Now, free classical music downloads, even if for a week only?

Thanks for the link.

DirtDawg
November 5th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Thank You :KS

Sef
November 5th, 2006, 07:40 AM
In your browser? How about Right-Klick --> Save Link As..

The 30 and 31 Oct are downloading. Think I hit open tab instead of download the first time. :oops:

2 Nov don't want to download still.

Update: It downloaded finally. :)

mips
November 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks, now if only the telco would fix my adsl so I can get of the dial-up i could start downloading.

angkor
November 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Nice, thanks for the link!

Anonii
November 5th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Thank you very much! (Hooray, the high quality versions will be awesome, just 300MB to go)

xyz
November 6th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Just glad you guys are enjoying!

TheMono
November 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks so much for pointing this out. This is awesome.

beercz
November 6th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Thank you :-)

spinflick
November 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the link, listening to the first concert now :mrgreen:

TeeAhr1
November 6th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks! -p.daniels

scrooge_74
November 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Great, I guess I don't have to be concern with Music Companies knocking on my door to sue me ....:-D

Thks for the link

xyz
November 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM
*just bumping* ...in case some more of you are interested.

xyz
November 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM
A couple of days left...

mips
November 8th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Almost finished downloading ;) 98% 92% 72%

xyz
November 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Almost finished downloading ;) 98% 92% 72%
I CAN'T believe you did it!! Great!
Is internet access 'free' in South Africa? I seem to recall you don't have broadband, right?

BWF89
November 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I listened to the first concert yesterday, and except for the annoying woman screeching that any opera can't seem to be complete without it was pretty good.

Mabye I'll edit out the screeching woman with GarageBand and burn it to CD.

mips
November 8th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I CAN'T believe you did it!! Great!
Is internet access 'free' in South Africa? I seem to recall you don't have broadband, right?

Nope it's not free and it ain't cheap either.

You have several options:
Dial-up (56kb/s)
ISDN (128kb/s)
ADSL (384kb/s up to 1Mb/s, 4Mb/s coming soon) This could be shaped or unshaped traffic
iBurst & MyWireless wireless services (???)
Cellular (???) 3G, HSDPA, EDGE
Leased line (64kb/s up to as much $$$ you have)

Me, I use the 384kb/s, truth be told I started the downloads last night, stopped them went to sleep and started again late this morning. they are now done and i have all 3 files.

Thanks again for the links.

mips
November 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I listened to the first concert yesterday, and except for the annoying woman screeching that any opera can't seem to be complete without it was pretty good.

Have to agree there, I'm not a big opera fan at all. If you can edit out the wailing woman would you consider posting it somewhere ?

Christmas
November 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for this, I just downloaded it. I don't know classic music generally, except for some Beethoven symphonies, but I'll give Mozart a try. After all, music isn't only about rock n' roll, isn't it? ;)

xyz
November 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
In the event that someone would want to remove "the wailing", could that be done with k9copy?
What do you think?
Thanks.

DirtDawg
November 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM

I'm not too into the vocals either. There's several pieces contained in the concert. When I look at the listings on my iPod, it gives the name of each piece and a timestamp for when they start. Maybe making each piece a seperate track would help? At least then we could FF past the one's we're not crazy about.

sophtpaw
November 8th, 2006, 11:50 PM
thanks.

This is Karmi music, don't you know?

coder_
November 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
W00t! Sweet! I love Mozart!

Baroque is my favorite though.

BWF89
November 9th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I'm useing Audacity to edit the first hour long concert into tracks so I can skip past the soprano woman.

The website said the quality of the mp3 is 192kb, but when I go to save a track of it in Audacity and go to adjust the quality so I don't encode it lower than it is and loose quality it shows quality in Hz. What does this all mean, I've never edited anything before.

xyz
November 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
About Audacity
How can I split a long recording into multiple files or CD tracks?

Follow these steps to create a separate file for each song or segment of a long recording. This is particularly useful if you are creating a CD, since each file will appear as a separate track on the CD.

1. Click to place the cursor at the start of the first song.
2. Choose “Add Label at Selection” from the Project menu. If you wish, you can type the name of the song.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each song.
4. When you are finished, choose “Export Multiple” from the File menu. When you click the “Export” button, Audacity will save each song as a separate file, using the format and location you choose.

Can I remove the vocals from a recording to make a Karaoke track?

This is possible only for certain stereo tracks. When the vocals are exactly the same on both stereo channels, you can remove them by “subtracting” one channel from the other. This works for many studio recordings, where the vocal track is mixed exactly in the center.

To do this in Audacity:

1. Import your stereo file into Audacity.
2. Open the track menu (click the arrow next to the track title), and choose “Split Stereo Track.”
3. Select the lower track (the right channel) by clicking it in the area around the mute/solo buttons.
4. Choose “Invert” from the Effects menu.
5. Using the track menus, change each track to “Mono.”

Press the Play button to hear the results. If you are lucky, the voice will be gone but most of the other instruments will be unaffected, just like a karaoke track. You can use the Export commands in the File menu to save the results.

Basics-Editing for Beginners-Common Editing Tasks-Effects for Beginners-Selecting and Aligning (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html)
Hope this helps out!

DirtDawg
November 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM
When I look at the listings on my iPod, it gives the name of each piece and a timestamp for when they start.

I must have missed my medication. What I describe here does not exist. Sorry. :-k

xyz
November 10th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I must have missed my medication. What I describe here does not exist. Sorry. :-k
Sorry DirtDawg, I don't understand what you're saying?
Maybe you could explain a little...
Thanks.

Bezmotivnik
November 10th, 2006, 02:37 AM
What are the approximate file sizes here? The download is pretty slow.

Thanks!

xyz
November 10th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Hello Bezmotivnik,
Le concert du 30 octobre (1h03") :
- télécharger en 192 Kb (86 Mo)

Le concert du 31 octobre (1h16") :
- télécharger en 192 Kb ü(104 Mo)

Le concert du 2 novembre (51 minutes) :
- télécharger en 192 Kb (70 Mo)
I sure hope it'll be OK for you!
Let me know...maybe we can do it a different way?

Bezmotivnik
November 10th, 2006, 05:06 AM
(86 Mo)
So...a "Mo" is a meg? :confused:

OK, cool, that sounds about right. Hadn't encountered that before.

Thanks!

xyz
November 10th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Just one last bump...this is the last day...depending on where you live:
Here it's Friday the 10th of Novermber 2:40 PM

Minyaliel
November 10th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ooh, merci beaucoup! I love Mozart - I'm singing a few of the arias from "Le Nozze di Figaro" at the moment. By the way, the lady sings lovely, I can't understand what you're vailing about... */note that this comes from a person studying to become an opera singer/*

DirtDawg
November 10th, 2006, 08:08 PM
By the way, the lady sings lovely, I can't understand what you're vailing about... */note that this comes from a person studying to become an opera singer/*

I have a friend who agrees with you. He calls me a fool. I've listened to the operatic pieces several times now hoping they would grow on me. It hasn't worked so far. :)

xyz
November 13th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Well just to let you all 'happy downloaders' that we were approx. 150'000 to take advantage of this great opportunity. I read that in one of the local newspapers here yesterday.

They also said they never expected that so many people would connect to the site.
Til next time...hopefully!

DirtDawg
November 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM
Okay, I've listened to that first part probably twenty times now. I am pleased to say I now love the operatic pieces. Hooray for persistance!

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
November 23rd, 2006, 03:50 PM
Dear XYZ,

Greetings and Good Morning.

I am a New Member who has just signed up at the Forum a few minutes ago.

I am an Indian Catholic Christian of Portuguese Descent from South Asia, India and I am a huge Fan of the works of Mozart.

I have been listening to the works of Mozart, Beethoven, Palestrina, and Tomas Luis De Victoria to mention a few from the age of 10. I also learnt the violin at the age of 10.

I specially love the "Religious Compositions" of Mozart ie his Masses, Vespers, etc.

I have been searching all over the internet for Free High Quality mp3's of Mozart for more than a year and I have not come across any. It is unfortunate that yesterday when I came across this Forum Thread and clicked on some of the Links in your first message no mp3's were displayed -- I guess all of them were taken down.

I was wondering if I could ask you for a request, if it's possible.

Would it be possible to send me these mp3's of all these concerts that were played by "Free French Radio" in Switzerland ?

I say this because in my country such Music is impossible to get.

If you cannot send these mp3 files to me, is there anyone else who could send them to me ?

I would be most grateful for any assistance in this regard.

I am so sad and dissapointed that I missed out on these awesome mp3's.

Finally, if you do come across any more awesome mp3's by this Station or any other Station, please intimate me.

Regards and Have a Good Day.

mips
November 23rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Would it be possible to send me these mp3's of all these concerts that were played by "Free French Radio" in Switzerland ?

I say this because in my country such Music is impossible to get.

If you cannot send these mp3 files to me, is there anyone else who could send them to me ?

I would be most grateful for any assistance in this regard.

I am so sad and dissapointed that I missed out on these awesome mp3's.

Hi,

There were only three mp3 files for download but they were very big ranging between 75MB to 105MB.for a total of 260MB. In order to email these files they would need to be broken up in smaller chunks before being emailed.

The easiest option is probably to store them at a secure option online so you can download them. The other alternative would be for someone to burn them to CD and mail the cd to you.

I have limited bandwidth so cannot upload them or email them.

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
November 23rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Dear Mips and anyone out there who can help me,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am indeed grateful for your message in this regard.

With regard to your statement:

"The easiest option is probably to store them at a secure option online so you can download them. The other alternative would be for someone to burn them to CD and mail the cd to you".

I do have a solution. I have some friends in the United States who have been sending me mp3 and other Files to a "temporary web server" called -- http://www.dropload.com

You can upload a maximum of 100 MB every day and the person to whom these Files are sent has 7 days to pick up these files, if they are not picked up within those 7 days they are deleted automatically whether picked up or not.

If there is anyone who can help me I would be most grateful.

I understand that you cannot send me these Files, because of limited bandwith.

I guess I will wait and see if there is any kind soul who is willing to send them to me at "The Temporary Web Server" that I have stated above.

Thanks again and have a great day.

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Dear LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC,

What a pleasure it was to read your post and it will be a great pleasure too to upload these files to Dropload for you. I have already created an account there so I'm all set to go.

Try to PM me whenever you can and give me your email so I can notify you when the first file is ready for downloading.

It is currently 9:15 AM my time and I have just begun uploading the first of 9 of my videos to my site. So I need to do that first and it will take some time. I'll upload Mozart as soon as I can.

But what are we going to do with the 105MB file? It's 5 MB too many...?

And yes the dowloads were available only for 1 week starting just about at the time of my first post here.
Bye for now and let me know..

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
If anyone is interested, you can download 3 hours of Mozart music for free on the RSR (Radio Suisse Romande- the French-speaking Radio) site.
Of course, the site's in French and if you encounter promblems finding your way around, just let me know! RSR Mozart .mp3 Free Download (http://www.rsr.ch/service-public/20061009-mozart-en-mp3-premiere-suisse/)

OOPS!! I just noticed there's an English version:
H E R E (http://rsr.ch/service-public/20061019-mozart-on-mp3-a-swiss-premiere)

This is what I see when I click that link

Site Error

An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 09:27 AM
...and that's why! Sorry!

And yes the dowloads were available only for 1 week starting just about at the time of my first post here.

mips
November 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Break it up into two parts. Most archivers have this feature for large files. The later the two parts are just reassembled again.

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
November 25th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Dear LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC,

What a pleasure it was to read your post and it will be a great pleasure too to upload these files to Dropload for you. I have already created an account there so I'm all set to go.

Try to PM me whenever you can and give me your email so I can notify you when the first file is ready for downloading.

It is currently 9:15 AM my time and I have just begun uploading the first of 9 of my videos to my site. So I need to do that first and it will take some time. I'll upload Mozart as soon as I can.

Bye for now and let me know..

Dear XYZ,

Would it be possible to send me those mp3's in the First Week of December ? I say that because, i have exceeded my limit of downloading MB for the Month of November.

More Importantly, I would like to ask you two questions.

1) Did you or anyone here ever download 9 Symphonies of Beethoven which were made available by "B.B.C. Radio 3" for two weeks in June 2005 ?

2) I got to know a week back that "Danish Public Radio" made available in the Form of Podcasts on their site -- 9 of Mozart's Awesome Symphonies from January - March 2006.

Did you or anyone you know download them ?

Let me know.

I would be most grateful if either of these mp3's could be sent to me that is Mozart's Symphonies from "Danish Public Radio" or from "B.B.C. Radio 3".

These Symphonies of Mozart in mp3 format from "Danish Radio" -- were encoded at the rate of 256 kbps from what I have heard and thus they were really high quality.

They can be sent to me via dropload by anyone in the Month of December.

Thanks again and have a good day.

If you do come across any awesome recordings in mp3 format offered for free by any Radio Station -- please intimate me whenever possible.

My Email is dominicsavio35@yahoo.com.au

Beamerboy
November 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I believe the BBC have setup something similar but not just for music, they include in their archive, video clips, entire programmes, audio etc. Although I have never used it so I am not sure as to what is available, you can check it out here:

http://creativearchive.bbc.co.uk/

I should note that this is UK only though.

Paladine

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
November 25th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I believe the BBC have setup something similar but not just for music, they include in their archive, video clips, entire programmes, audio etc. Although I have never used it so I am not sure as to what is available, you can check it out here:

http://creativearchive.bbc.co.uk/

I should note that this is UK only though.

Paladine

Dear Beamerboy,

Greetings from India. Thanks for your feedback and message.

I recently got to know that "B.B.C. Radio 3" offered for a limited period just for 2 weeks all the "9 Symphonies" of Beethoven to be downloaded in June 2005.

It made the news on a number of Blogs.

Did you get around to downloading them ? Or Do you know anyone who did download them ?

I wish there was some "Networking System" among Classical Music Enthusiasts all over the world who could inform each other about awesome "Classical Music Podcasts" which are made available by Classical and Public Radio Stations all across Western Europe.

I am happy that XYZ is one such person who has informed everyone about those 3 Mozart Concerts which were held recently in Switzerland.

Have a Great Day.

xyz
November 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
OK LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC...so we'll wait til December! No problem...Mozart won't mind, I'm sure!!

No idea about Ludwig's downloads!

What do you guys think if I gzip the files? Would that be an option?

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
November 26th, 2006, 05:38 PM
OK LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC...so we'll wait til December! No problem...Mozart won't mind, I'm sure!!

No idea about Ludwig's downloads!

What do you guys think if I gzip the files? Would that be an option?

Dear XYZ,

Many Thanks for your message.

Did you download those PodCasts or mp3's from "Danish Public Radio" with regard to Mozart's Nine Symphonies which were only available from January - March 2006.

Also, did you know that "Swedish Public Radio" has been having 25 hours of PodCasts on Mozart and on all his compositions at "Mozart Podd Radio" which was started by them on Mozart's Birthday on the 27th of January 2006.

It seems that I have been missing out on the best of Mozart's Concerts and mp3's this year.

Did you or anyone you know download the first 17 hours from "Mozart Podd Radio" in Sweden ?

Only the last 8 hours or Concerts are available.

I am not sure how long these mp3's will remain at these sites.

So, Inform as many individuals as you can.

Check it out at my Blog.

Have a Great Day.

http://traditionalcatholic-dominic.blogspot.com/2006/11/awesome-podcasts-on-mozart-beethoven.html

Burgresso
November 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I could use some guidance - the English site is having issues and I don't know French :)

xyz
November 27th, 2006, 10:21 AM
LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
I'm not aware of any other available downloads or of anyone who could upload them on Dropload...so far!
Burgresso
No big deal you don't know French in this case since downloads were available only from the 3rd to the 10th of November 2006.
I guess that's why they disabled the English link!

Take a minute to explore some of the previous posts here and you'll find out that the plan is that I upload Mozart to Dropload sometime next month.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
December 2nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=xyz;1812596]LOVEROFSACREDCHORALMUSIC
I'm not aware of any other available downloads or of anyone who could upload them on Dropload...so far!

Dear XYZ,

If you are ready to send the Files with regard to "The Mozart Concert" in Switzerland I am ready too.

BTW, Did you download any mp3's from "Danish Public Radio" with regard to Mozart's Nine Symphonies in January or February 2006 or do you know anyone who did ?

Here is the Link where they were available for just one month from January - February 2006.

http://www.dr.dk/P2/Mozart250/download

They were High Quality MP3's from what I have read on some Blogs.

Finally, if you do come across any Station in Europe that is offering Free MP3'S on any Composer -- Do let me know by email or here on the Forum.

I sent you an email yesterday, Hope you got it.

Did you check out my Thread on "Free MP3's from Danish Radio" that I had posted yesterday on Beethoven, Schumann, and Haydn.

Check it out when you can.

A Friend from the United States recently sent me a link to that site in Denmark.

sha_man
December 7th, 2006, 12:38 AM
this would have so great if it was a lossless audio codec (like flac, wavpack, monkey's audio, etc...) :)

xyz
December 7th, 2006, 09:20 AM
this would have so great if it was a lossless audio codec (like flac, wavpack, monkey's audio, etc...) :)
Some people are never happy!
Have you tried converting to .wav?
Greetings form Switzerland.