PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Should we be alowed GIFs?

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
November 2nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I decided to start a poll on something thats been bothering me for a while about the forums - normal users (not mods) aren't allowed to use gifs in their avatar. I've always wanted too. Please vote and explain your answer :-)

jpeddicord
November 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
The only reason people want GIFs is for animation, which generally gets annoying after a while when you are trying to read the page. So I'm going to have to say no.

Klaidas
November 2nd, 2006, 11:17 PM
The only reason people want GIFs is for animation, which generally gets annoying after a while when you are trying to read the page. So I'm going to have to say no.

Yup, true. Animation is good, but when there's too much of it, it's not.

Lord Illidan
November 2nd, 2006, 11:20 PM
plus the issues of bandwith, etc..

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
November 2nd, 2006, 11:20 PM
I still find it would be more "free" if we were allowed to use gifs. I heard we were once allowed, by why are we no longer allowed?

PriceChild
November 2nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
As far as i'm aware we aren't allowed animated gifs either.... we may be allowed pictures in our sig... but only one of us makes use of that. (can you say rock! :P)

Forum users were previously allowed animated gifs for avatars but that was stopped. If you had one previous to that time you can keep it, which is why you see some users with gif avatars.

*moves to Forum Feedback*

raqball
November 2nd, 2006, 11:25 PM
I hope not! I really do not want to look at a bunch of dancing thingies while trying to read :)

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
November 2nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
thnaks pricechild, thats a better place to put this thread :-).

@ raqball if we were allowed and i bugged people you should be able to turn of gifs in your user cp. If it had that this forum would rule.

PriceChild
November 2nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
If it had that this forum would rule.And it doesn't already? ;)

lwr
November 3rd, 2006, 12:10 AM
I still find it would be more "free" if we were allowed to use gifs. I heard we were once allowed, by why are we no longer allowed?

I think it's more free to encourage the use of more open file formats, such as png. Gifs are nasty things, anyway.

KiwiNZ
November 3rd, 2006, 12:31 AM
This has been discussed before. The Administrators of this Forum have decided that Animated avatars will not be allowed.