PDA

View Full Version : Any java programmers out there?

greenie787
November 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
I need a favour, i've got to write a 'simple' algorithm in java to sort an array based on the counting sort algorithm. i'll post the pseudocode up if there are any takers, should be easy and doubt it'll take long! thanks for any replies

.t.
November 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
I don't code.

cmorgan47
November 2nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
for.....homework?

meng
November 2nd, 2006, 10:29 PM
It does sound suspiciously like homework.

bmuni
November 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
Why don't you figure it out! It'g going to help you in the long run. ;)

cunawarit
November 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM
I'll post the pseudocode up if there are any takers, should be easy and doubt it'll take long! thanks for any replies

Go on, post the pseudo code, it'll be of great help. I used to teach Java, but it has been so long that I'd be come comfy posting the C# solution :)

Anyway, just sit down and try to figure it out. It's not that people mind helping with your homework, but it will be a better learning experience for you if you sit down with a book and think about it.

IYY
November 3rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
If it's for learning, you should do it on your own.

If it's for homework, posting this will be cheating.

If it's for a practical application, you can use one of Java's classes own' ways of sorting.

PriceChild
November 3rd, 2006, 12:38 AM
*moves thread*

amo-ej1
November 3rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
it it alright if i post it in scheme instead of java ? ;)

dxxvi
November 8th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I need a favour, i've got to write a 'simple' algorithm in java to sort an array based on the counting sort algorithm. i'll post the pseudocode up if there are any takers, should be easy and doubt it'll take long! thanks for any replies

I'll code for food ;)

amgeex
November 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I'm a coder too, post up the specific instructions and pseudo code and I'll help ya, but I can't promise anything, as I'm kinda busy with school. :P

Blacktalon
November 9th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Hi,
I also am a java programmer (Well still learning it, but I am fairly well at a lot of stuff). I do agree with some of the other that you probably need to figure it out yourself, but go ahead and post up your psudeo code and I will see if I can't give ya any hints on how to approach it. And this what you are talking about sounds like the same thing I am doing right now my java class....where are you taking this class at?

Oh and if its about the shell sort, I am useless....I haven't even looked at the algorithm on that yet, but I can do most of the other like, insertion, selection, I got an idea on radix, I just got quicksort figured out but not a working program for that yet, merge sort I know how that's suppose to be done... and some others.

so bring on the challenge!

Ben Sprinkle
November 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Give specific details, I don't know what a algorithm-hubba-hubba is.
I can probably do it but don't know what your doing.