PDA

View Full Version : GP2X should I?

ade234uk
November 2nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Keep visiting the GP2X website and putting the damn thing in the basket and then bottling it at the last minute.

I have made purchases like this off the fly before and regretted it.

Should I buy a GP2X and be done with it?

GeneralZod
November 2nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Can you easily afford it? Are you prone to buyer's remorse? What would you do with it if you got it? (Note: contrary to what's posted on the site, the device supports XVid, DivX and I think that's it - Mpeg1/2, WMV/ MOV etc, if they are supported at all, are done in software and are unusable).

I was touch and go for about 2 1/2 months, but in the end I caved in and bought one. It's a little disappointing (the media support is limited, and the "joy"-stick is more of a "sadness"-stick, and cramps my gaming style. My battery life is also less than stellar at around 3-4 hours), but I actually love the little thing and don't regret buying it.

mips
November 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
I was touch and go for about 2 1/2 months, but in the end I caved in and bought one. It's a little disappointing (the media support is limited, and the "joy"-stick is more of a "sadness"-stick, and cramps my gaming style. My battery life is also less than stellar at around 3-4 hours), but I actually love the little thing and don't regret buying it.

Lol, no offense but you sound like you could be an Alfa owner :mrgreen:

freeflyer57
February 8th, 2007, 07:13 AM
I actually thought about buying one myself, but they are still a little expensive for an open source media player.

the_darkside_986
February 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I would like to have one if it had 3-d acceleration but until then I will just have to use my 1.5 firmware PSP. Also, there is no way I'll ever order something like that online.

I want a completely open handheld that runs a full linux distro AND has 3d gaming capabilities and is at a reasonable price. It appears that such a thing does not exist.

I hardly touch my PSP except to listen to internet radio at home sometimes.