PDA

View Full Version : Prepare to laugh!

YourSurrogateGod
April 23rd, 2005, 02:46 AM
A classic example of what irony is :) .

It just works! (http://www.fortune.com/fortune/fastforward/0,15704,1052600,00.html)

TravisNewman
April 23rd, 2005, 03:09 AM
Hmm...
There's a limerick that a coworker told me recently:
I truly hate this damned machine
I wish someone would sell it.
It never does quite what I want,
But only what I tell it.

It seems that Longhorn will attempt to read people's minds!! THAT is not a good idea, I'm sorry. What if I don't want my computer to adjust the volume and start DVD playback at fullscreen when I insert a dvd (and I don't know enough about the OS to disable that)?

escuchamezz
April 23rd, 2005, 03:13 AM
Hmm...
What if I don't want my computer to adjust the volume and start DVD playback at fullscreen when I insert a dvd (and I don't know enough about the OS to disable that)?

well at least it works :)

nobodysbusiness
April 23rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
Longhorn is going to "just work"? I'll believe it when it's released and I see it for myself. Which should probably happen sometime shortly after humans first walk on Mars. :)

Ubunted
April 23rd, 2005, 03:54 AM
Longhorn will automatically clean up, or “defragment,” your hard drive, if it is required. You won’t even know it’s happening.

Great. All I need is another Indexing Service sucking up my hard drive usage while I'm in the middle of a game.

And by late 2006, KDE and GNOME will undoubtedly have surpassed Longhorn in desktop useability.

HungSquirrel
April 23rd, 2005, 04:39 AM
Enlightenment will also release 1.0.

james_mad
April 23rd, 2005, 04:52 AM
It is about time. To think, we have been sitting here telling our computers what to do for all this time.

jerome bettis
April 23rd, 2005, 05:05 AM
"You won’t even know it’s happening. "

HAH

that's just wonderful

Stormy Eyes
April 23rd, 2005, 05:36 AM
A classic example of what irony is :) .

It just works! (http://www.fortune.com/fortune/fastforward/0,15704,1052600,00.html)

Isn't that Apple's slogan? Would it kill Bill to have his marketing droids come up with something original? As far as Longhorn guessing at what I want or need: that's the last thing I want. I don't want a machine that guesses. I want a machine that obeys me.