PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Ubuntu Human Theme 2.01

Old Pink
November 1st, 2006, 06:53 PM
http://www.filehive.com/files/1101/Screenshot-Firefox-Add-on-Updates.png

Just installed the 2.01 version of the Ubuntu Human theme for firefox, I assume others did too, what does everyone think? :)

rfruth
November 1st, 2006, 07:06 PM
Just installed it (thanks for the heads up) so far so good !

PriceChild
November 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah i've been using it a bit... i like it... makes it seem part of ubuntu more :)

Old Pink
November 1st, 2006, 07:10 PM
Is it just me, or are the icons such as forward, back, home, stop and refresh far too small, even when large icons are selected? In comparison to other themes, at least...

paul cooke
November 1st, 2006, 07:23 PM
this might seem stupid, but why doesn't this new version support the previous versions of Firefox??? and how do I manually install the previous versions anyway?

lwr
November 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Man I'm confused. I was using Human Theme 0.5 from the repositories that I installed via Synaptic, which actually does fit into the current Human theme, but apparently there's this one as well. I'm guessing the one in the repos is more official, and it look a lot better.

Old Pink
November 1st, 2006, 08:49 PM
Man I'm confused. I was using Human Theme 0.5 from the repositories that I installed via Synaptic, which actually does fit into the current Human theme, but apparently there's this one as well. I'm guessing the one in the repos is more official, and it look a lot better.

:confused: I must look into this! The one I'm using (which this thread is about) is actually pretty horrible.

lwr
November 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
For anyone interested, the package is
firefox-themes-ubuntu I highly recomend it. IMO, it should be installed by default, as it really help to unify the desktop.

banjobacon
November 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Both Human themes have their issues. The icons in this theme are significantly smaller than the button size, making the theme look awkward.

The official Human theme has ugly stop and reload buttons, and is missing the grayed out close button on background tabs.