PDA

View Full Version : Good feeling around here

hkgonra
October 31st, 2006, 10:44 PM
I am not sure if this goes in forum feedback, testimonials or here so I picked here. Sorry if I messed up.

I have been around here a few weeks.
I am still VERY new to linux overall, although I have used some specialized distros (Ipcop, smoothwall,smeserver , some more than others) for a while.
It is just strange , but in a good way, the openess around here when it comes to other distros than ubuntu.
I rememeber the first time I saw someone pointing somebody else to another distro other than ubuntu because it might fit their needs better/easier. I thought " Either a mod will delete this or this guy is about to get blasted."
Since then I have seen it numerous times.
I just wanted to acknowledge that I had seen it because I think it is a great attitude.
It is the kinda thing that really makes people consider this distro to come back to or use for other purposes the next time around when they may have a choice between a few other good ones that would fit their needs as good as ubuntu.
Keep up the good work. :)

happy-and-lost
October 31st, 2006, 10:51 PM
This forum is definately the best feature of Ubuntu :D

We're all in the same boat here really, so there's no point in being hostile.

DoctorMO
October 31st, 2006, 10:56 PM
What does the general public need with a customer base of unhappy friends?

Brunellus
October 31st, 2006, 10:59 PM
Most of us are "other distro" users, as well. We either tried other distros before coming to Ubuntu, or we use other distros for specialized uses to which Ubuntu is not suitable.

PriceChild
November 1st, 2006, 12:04 AM
Our own Aysiu has several pieces of writing about whether "ubuntu is for you"... very good reading, got me scared when i started out though... glad i carried on! :)

Personally i've just started branching out... currently playing around with gentoo and i like it... Don't like FC6 or vista though :(

Kernel Sanders
November 1st, 2006, 01:01 AM
The community here is what has inspired me to leave windows for good when my Windows XP Pro SP2 becomes obsolete.

Vista, and Microsoft's whole future strategy is just so wrong on so many levels..... ](*,)