PDA

View Full Version : Edgy rocks!

almahtar
October 30th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Who's using edgy and loving it? I sure am! Even running on a mac mini, it's kicking butt. It's even running Beryl and vmware like a champ (http://www.almahtar.com/Screenshot.jpg). Respond if you're loving what Edgy does for you!

... btw ... anyone want to let me know how to put a link into these forums?

slimdog360
October 30th, 2006, 07:03 AM
there is a url button at the top of the bit where you write your post. You can also write url in square brackets at the start of the link then finish it off with /url in square brackets at the end of the link.

mrgnash
October 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Aside from an issue with XV and AIGLX, I am indeed loving it :) It appeals to me because I generally prefer to have newer, if slightly less stable, software.

dada1958
October 30th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Edgy doesn't recognize my Ricoh Caplio RX. It was recognized with Breezy and Dapper:(

darrenn
October 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM
:ks

beniwtv
October 30th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I agree - Edgy rocks! :mrgreen:

Can't wait for Feisty... :D

ProjectGod
October 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
what's the name for the next release? feisty? (yuk). how about raunchy.

anyway. how come shippit aint shipping edgy anymore? where did everyone else get the edgy from? is it already on the shelves? did you download it? i've got a limited quota.

as for me i intend to use breezy for another year. stability is the key to a successful relationship with one's computer :biggrin:

slimdog360
October 30th, 2006, 02:49 PM
what's the name for the next release? feisty? (yuk). how about raunchy.

anyway. how come shippit aint shipping edgy anymore? where did everyone else get the edgy from? is it already on the shelves? did you download it? i've got a limited quota.

as for me i intend to use breezy for another year. stability is the key to a successful relationship with one's computer :biggrin:

because dapper is deemed to be long term support, they arn't shipping edgy, but rather dapper. So everyone either downloaded it or bought it from something like amazon or some other place like that.

almahtar
November 2nd, 2006, 01:16 AM
there is a url button at the top of the bit where you write your post. You can also write url in square brackets at the start of the link then finish it off with /url in square brackets at the end of the link.

Heh :) Thanks.

APNelson.L
November 2nd, 2006, 03:28 AM
Edgy is still a bit buggy but I'm glad I upgraded from dapper.

disc
November 2nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
Edgy is working great for me, I haven't really had any problems with it so far!

vixenk
November 2nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
I'm liking it. It doesn't seem all that "edgy" but it still is a nice improvement over Dapper. :)