PDA

View Full Version : When to buy a new laptop?

charles.g.moore
October 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I really want that shiny new system in my hands now but do any of you know if there has historically been a time when prices for such items drop?

For an extra 300-400 dollar savings I may be persuaded to wait till after thanksgiving or maaayyyybe post-christmas.

I plan to buy the sys. online customized at HP.com, im not sure if online prices tend to follow the same sale trends of those brick & mortar stores.

Any Ideas?

taurus
October 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Probably after Thanksgiving or you could get even better deal after Christmas if they haven't done too good a business before the end of the year!!!

charles.g.moore
October 29th, 2006, 09:08 AM
If I am paying about 1700 USD for a pretty sweet setup you think I would be able to get somewhere on the order of 300-400 or is that just a fantasy. (I figure there may not be that much wiggle room,

I want the darn thing so bad that I dont mind getting it now if im only going to save <= 100 USD by waiting

mips
October 29th, 2006, 09:29 AM
If I am paying about 1700 USD for a pretty sweet setup you think I would be able to get somewhere on the order of 300-400 or is that just a fantasy. (I figure there may not be that much wiggle room,

I want the darn thing so bad that I dont mind getting it now if im only going to save <= 100 USD by waiting

Well if you want it now then buy it now. Some places might have rebates or coupons to lessen the price.

What are you buying ?