PDA

View Full Version : alt-s in Firefox 2.0

meng
October 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, I've followed the herd and upgraded to Edgy (on my notebook computer, that is, I'm not ready to move my main system just yet) and overall I'm very impressed. BUT I am accustomed to using Firefox to browse and post in these forums, and I'm disappointed that alt-S is now a shortcut to the History menu, so I can't use it as a shortcut to submit a post in this forum.

Anyone else miss this? I have to reach over for the mouse to post now!

Steveire
October 28th, 2006, 02:33 PM
In about:config set

ui.key.contentAccess = 4

meng
October 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks

prizrak
October 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Yes it also annoyed the hell out of me in FF2 (it's not an Ubuntu thing).

BarFly
October 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I have a similar problem with alt-s. I am used to using the command to enable Sage, my RSS reader. I cannot imagine a situation that I would want a shortcut to the history. However, I constantly want to look at my feeds. Any ideas? Maybe I should post this is Mozillazine instead of here.

meng
October 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM
The solution is posted by Steveire. Works great.

BarFly
October 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Good point, Meng. I guess I was too distracted listening to football to actually read. Thanks, Steveire! Now to solve my tab problem... Not to be posted here.

Geez, just yesterday I finally got FF 2.0 to actually not hang up. The day before, I found out that my Edgy upgrade did not really take fully and found out how to fix it. I knew there was a reason that I normally don't use software on the day it comes out... I am happy with Edgy and FF 2.0, though.

Steveire
October 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
The other 'fix' I needed to apply to ff2.0 was to make typing '/' give me a more functional searchbar than the default. Open your userChrome.css for editing:

kate .mozilla/firefox/*/chrome/userChrome.css

(or gedit for gnomes) and add this:

/*
* Fix the searchbar.
*/

#FindToolbar > * { display: -moz-box; }

Back to a useful tool.