PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse in Edgy

MrEricSir
October 27th, 2006, 11:05 PM
If you're getting the "Error notifying a preference change listener" every time you try and launch Eclipse in Edgy, I have the solution for you.

Go into your workspace folder and delete (or rename) the .metadata folder. This seems to do the trick.

Note: You have to do this EVERY TIME you want to run Eclipse. This means re-creating your workspace from scratch.

Hope this helps y'all. :KS

ChrisHolt
November 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
This was not a problem until the most recent official release of edgy. Is there a better fix?

Twiggy794
November 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Any news on a real fix for this?

Troels
November 21st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Well, do not know I direct solution yet... At least if you are using CDT. Problem looks like being caused by CDT 3.0.1 is installed with Eclipse 3.2, but is only compatible with versions up until 3.1.

So, one solution is to delete/move all the org.eclipse.cdt* in your plugins directory (/usr/lib/eclipse/plugins)

Ramses de Norre
November 21st, 2006, 01:09 PM
I had this already once and needed to reconfigure all preferences.. pretty annoying if you've got work to do.

Troels
November 21st, 2006, 01:33 PM
There is a bug report on this issue as well:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/eclipse-cdt/+bug/68661

Twiggy794
November 21st, 2006, 02:01 PM
Blackdown Java fixes the issue. However, for any Java developers that need Java 5 this isn't a fix.

Troels
November 24th, 2006, 09:38 PM
As mentioned under the bug report there is a workaround... An quite obvious one ;-)
For me I already had the problem with CDT, so I sudo moved the org.eclipse.cdt* away from the /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/ directory. Afterwards installed the extension again through the eclipse update system.

Now it works perfectly :-)