PDA

View Full Version : Infraction note received that I don't think I deserved

dabear
October 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I was going to take this over PM, but was advised otherwise.
I received an infraction note when posting in the backyard. Post: 1670399

I do not generally agree with this. I am from norway and therefore I think I deserve to joke about my own nationality. I was not sterotyping any member of this forum - other than my self, which I again believe was pretty clear (some see it otherwise though).

I would also question parts of the wording in the private message I received:

Opinions such as yours are wrong and extremely offensive.

Ubuntu and its forums strive to free the world, imposing a free (libre) os. Therefore, when posts like these appears, they should not be deleted because of a man/womans opinion; deletion of parts of or the whole content in a post should therefore happen only if the contents is abusive and directly targeting a person.

I hope we solve this issue, or else I do fear that I have nothing more to do on these forums.

Thanks.

ubuntu-geek
October 28th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Your post:

Those Norwegians...
All of them are stupid assholes who just loves their ski`s, ostehøvel`s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_slicer) and fooling their family..

A shame, really.

Breaks the backyard rules, #1 and #2.

dabear
October 29th, 2006, 03:50 PM
1. *ALL* posts and replies must be polite and courteous. You are not free to degrade, demean, humiliate, troll and attack other forum members, ethnic groups or political groups.
2. The Ubuntu Code of Conduct is applied here and must be followed, No illegal activities in the US, Bittorent sites or pirated software, "XXX" Rated posts, sexual material or SPAM.

I did not troll any members, ethnic groups or political groups at all, and I sure did not mention any pirated software or break any law.

As I see we cannot agree, I am now requesting imediate deletion of my account here. I do not wish to take part of these forums at all anymore.
thank you.

jdong
October 29th, 2006, 04:24 PM
You don't think your statement was trolling a particular group? Being Norwegian yourself is no excuse... Others are offended by your statement and have filed complaints.

dabear
October 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
No I do not think so. I am still requesting a deletion of my account, as I see we interpret the rules differently.

Please, delete this account.

KiwiNZ
October 29th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Did you not read this.......
"ALL* posts and replies must be polite and courteous. You are not free to degrade, demean, humiliate,"

I would like to hear your explanation of how you believe your post was not in breach of that ?

To me and the other Admins it is clear that it is rude ,impolite ,degarding, demaning of others and intended to humiliate.

KiwiNZ
October 29th, 2006, 08:55 PM
With regard to deletion of your account , we see no need to delete your account.

dabear
October 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM
With regard to deletion of your account , we see no need to delete your account.
That is fine. Thank you, I will just let the account die out then.

dabear
October 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Did you not read this.......
"ALL* posts and replies must be polite and courteous. You are not free to degrade, demean, humiliate,"

I would like to hear your explanation of how you believe your post was not in breach of that ?

To me and the other Admins it is clear that it is rude ,impolite ,degarding, demaning of others and intended to humiliate.
Please see my second post in this thread. I am not going to explain further.