PDA

View Full Version : Forum Skin option request (not new skin entirely)

tturrisi
October 27th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I realize the issues & concerns of admins using different forum skins. Thus I am not requesting we have new skins selections completely. What I would like is the skin option to have different colored text for these:
id="thread_title_xxxxx"

I dig the Ubuntu color schemes, and I also realize the importance of continuity of colors & styles in promotion & marketing (site content is best if there is uniformity).

However, bolded "dark orange" text is a lot harder to keep focused on than black text, esp with so much white background space. This is a proven point, proven & described way back when the Internet began.

People do not "read" content on a formum index page, they "scan" the document and focus on what holds attention long enough to read. There IS a difference between reading & scanning.

What I am suggesting is giving us the option to select a different forum skin, identical to the existing one, but with black text in the thread_title. This would be a very simple thing to do, either using a separate stylesheet or dhtml that styles id="thread_title_xxxxx".

Ben Sprinkle
October 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Hows about an entirly different Kubuntu skin.