PDA

View Full Version : Edgy Theme

ihavenoname
October 26th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Uh....is it me or did they only change Usplash and GDM, and then just set Simple Ubuntu as the default theme. Also, when your loading up the live cd, does it remind you of Windows XP? Did I get the right cd? Besides that though I must say its far more stable than Dapper. Setting up my Wifi card w/ the network GUI generally led to massive freezes. Using dhclient gave me a little bit of time to work before the freeze. Right now I am posting from the live-cd with about 2 hours of usage under my belt no-problems. Overall nothing in the default install that is too Drastic, but it is an improvement. Though if your running a server or production machine you might want to hang on to Dapper.

Rackerz
October 26th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I like the new Usplash and the changes to the theme. My wifi card worked straight out of the box (sort of, I just needed to tell Ubuntu what the access point was called).

ihavenoname
October 27th, 2006, 06:11 AM
I like the new Usplash and the changes to the theme. My wifi card worked straight out of the box (sort of, I just needed to tell Ubuntu what the access point was called).

What kind of wireless card do you have?
Yes the new Usplash is really good. My biggest problem with the them is that it is not very integrated. The gnome splash doesn't go with the gnome bacground which doesn't really go with the Gdm theme and none of them go with the Usplash theme. I would have loved for the entire thing to go with the Usplash theme. In fact I would not have minded the theme in the RC so long as they changed the Usplash. At least that was well integrated.(I use that term loosly to mean all the parts of the them fit together). Where can I tell the artwork team about this? They do an excellant job making the differnt parts, the just don't go together as a whole.

serlex
October 27th, 2006, 06:26 AM
same here, theme did not change for me, can someone tell me why? cause i can not find it under themes either

mostwanted
October 27th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I sometimes log out just so I can look at the new GDM theme. Geeky stuff, I know, but it's really beautiful.