View Full Version : On thread titles.

October 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
In reply to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=260731, which is locked, I would like to say that a very nice way to manage people's errors is to let them fix. In forum terms, a good way to have consistent, comprehensive and useful thread titles might be to let the original poster edit them: at the moment, the user is let edit only the post title, but thread titles are not changed when the title of the firts post changes. So we're locked. And people's always more used to a "wiki" approach, so to let them change the thread title is the best idea - that's what we users expect to be able to do.

October 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
It's not a matter of letting users change titles or not, if there was a way to do it easily trust me we would do it.
It's a Vbulletin limitation, for the moment we can't let a user change a thread title without giving him mod rights. I hope this will be implemented in the next Vbulletin version.

So for the moment this depends on the Vbulletin developers except if someone is able to code it for the forum.

October 26th, 2006, 06:35 PM
For the time being... any staff member should be more than happy enough to edit the titles for you if you pm them politely.

October 26th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they'd do, I was just thinking of time-saving for them :) but since I see it's a technical limitation, I'll PM a mod in the moment of need.

Thanks for the replies.