PDA

View Full Version : You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums

l33tbuntuhax0r
October 26th, 2006, 12:44 AM
since "aysiu" doesn't accept private messages, which is a hell of a note seeing as he's handing them out, i have to post this here. sorry, but get over it dude. i'll write however i'd like. if you don't like it, don't read it okay?

anyway, according to "Brunellus", see below, "there is no official forum policy on |337 5p33|<". So take the mod point off as you seem to be raking me over the coals for no reason at all.

i had a legitimate question. some support forum this is. :(

This is a friendly reminder.

We on the Ubuntuforums take a very dim view of "STFU n00b" posts. That goes for forum user avatars, as well. Please find a less offensive one.

Also. While there is no official forum policy on |337 5p33|< as yet, consider this a bit of friendly advice: please don't post in 1337. It's unnecessary, hard to read, and it doesn't make you seem any more clever. The working language of the ubuntuforums is English. Questions asked in English are likely to get good technical answers or advice.

Dear l33tbuntuhax0r,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
You're supposed to write in English
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums

Mimsy
October 26th, 2006, 12:50 AM
i'll write however i'd like. if you don't like it, don't read it okay?

No problem; I can't read the thing anyway. :D

Nice try, but if you did, you'd take the time to write it in a way that was easy to read and understand, to make it a bit easier for other forum members to help you.

Since you didn't, how can you expect to be taken seriously at all?

Please. :rolleyes:

/Mimsy

Redache
October 26th, 2006, 12:53 AM
People can't help you if they:
A) Don't understand what it is you're asking.
B) Get frustrated with the formatting and poor display of grammar.
C) Have to translate what it is you're typing.

Now fair enough, you have a right to use the most irritating language available today, but don't expect others to help you when they are asking you kindly to make what you're asking understandable, or even human readable.

I know l337 is a big cool thing now, But it can really irritate people.

Mimsy
October 26th, 2006, 12:56 AM
As far as I know l337 was never cool to begin with. It was just another way of emphasizing to the people outside your clique thhat "you're not as smart as we are!", and about as lame as the jocks that posturing across the school cafeteria were at the time. A complete waste, in other words. :)

/Mimsy

Redache
October 26th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I agree, it's for people who have a certain...There isn't a nice way to put it so I'll leave it lie.

It's the same with SMS shorthand...It doesn't make it quicker, it just gets lost in translation far easier

raqball
October 26th, 2006, 01:03 AM
since "aysiu" doesn't accept private messages, which is a hell of a note seeing as he's handing them out, i have to post this here. sorry, but get over it dude. i'll write however i'd like. if you don't like it, don't read it okay?

anyway, according to "Brunellus", see below, "there is no official forum policy on |337 5p33|<". So take the mod point off as you seem to be raking me over the coals for no reason at all.

Dude, what are you 12?

skymt
October 26th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Dude, what are you 12?

That won't help at all. Please try to be civilized.

TitusDalwards
October 26th, 2006, 01:05 AM
we are all free to write, we are all free to writing type, but we have to thing this: if i am writing in interesting format, i don't expect anybody to help me.

raqball
October 26th, 2006, 01:08 AM
That won't help at all. Please try to be civilized.

You are correct! My apologizes :)

funkyade
October 26th, 2006, 01:10 AM
speak proper like... me no speako da lingo... def. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=1337)

what's the use in communicating in 1337 if 99.9% of the people can't understand you?

Brunellus
October 26th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I'm moving this to the Resolution Center. You were given several friendly warnings and you have persisted. I will back aysiu up on this.

jdong
October 26th, 2006, 02:51 AM
====Forum Resolution Center====
At this point, this thread is in the Forum Resolution Center. Only the original poster (l33tbuntuhaxor) and Administrators should participate in this discussion.
===============================

As stated by the Forum Guidelines (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy),

Please refrain from using "leet" speak or slang. These forums are a tool for communication, which will be obfuscated by those types of writing.

leet speak and other slang is not allowed on the forums in order to make it easier for the forums to be read. And "if you don't like it just don't read it" is not a good counter-argument -- as forum staff, we basically read every word that gets posted on the forums to make sure the forum guidelines are being followed. Reading your thread gives me a headache...

In this case, I authorized an infraction to be used because, from the information given to me by the staff, you have already been given at least one warning to stop using leet speak, and you did not comply.