PDA

View Full Version : fedora core 6 release date cleverly planned?

at0mic
October 25th, 2006, 07:50 PM
do you think fedora core's release was planned to release just ahead of ubuntu edgy or was it just chance?

http://fedoraproject.org/static-tmp/

they now have repositories too.

Kateikyoushi
October 25th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I doubt it was intentional, the install takes less than 20 minutes people will choose which they like and not the first.

tseliot
October 25th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm moving this thread to the "Other OS Talk" section

katgfan
October 25th, 2006, 08:41 PM
It seems conspiracy theorists also exist in this forums.

agentstewie
October 25th, 2006, 08:44 PM
do you think fedora core's release was planned to release just ahead of ubuntu edgy or was it just chance?

http://fedoraproject.org/static-tmp/

they now have repositories too.

no they have always had repo's

raqball
October 26th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Bad planning on Ferdora Core's part since their entire server and website went down the day it was released, and was down for the entire day!.. Bad omen?

deweese
October 26th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Bad planning on Ferdora Core's part since their entire server and website went down the day it was released, and was down for the entire day!.. Bad omen?
No, it's excellent! This is because there was more traffic on the 24th.
the day of the release, than any day in history for Fedora. It has a nice Gnome desktop too. I am checking out the live cd.
I also like how Beriz is built in to the OS.

meng
October 26th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Perhaps the release was timed to occur the day before Oracle announced its intention to destroy Red Hat. Ah well, you've got to laugh about it!

deweese
October 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Perhaps the release was timed to occur the day before Oracle announced its intention to destroy Red Hat. Ah well, you've got to laugh about it!

It is no laughing matter.

chaosgeisterchen
October 29th, 2006, 08:37 PM
It is no laughing matter.

I can second that.

Concerning the release dates:

It will be released when it's finished. It has always been this way.

raqball
October 29th, 2006, 11:43 PM
No, it's excellent! This is because there was more traffic on the 24th.the day of the release

Their site is STILL down...