PDA

View Full Version : Open Source. Open Blog. My Website Is Launched!

Not the man I once was
October 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Greetings All,

You may remember perhaps no more than one month ago that I announced I'd ordered a Domain for myself within the Ubuntu Society Thread in The Backyard. If not, then it's not relevant. Now, come Monday evening I decided finally begin looking into designing my website as a permanent fixture, rather than simply a "to-do" task. I'm pleased to announce that it is now Mission Accomplished.

You may be wondering exactly what the aim of my website is. Aside from the personal Portfolio and suchlike, it's going to host many Open Source related items, including Weblog entries and thoughts, personal Projects using Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Songbird Media Player and possibly a Web Forum for Open Source enthusiasts such as yourselves.

Now, I'd appreciate feedback somewhat as I've shown it only to close friends and my Girlfriend, and the're all in agreement regarding looks. I'd like to know if a Web Forum would be a plausable suggestion to add to my website and suchlike and simply as many feedback statements as possible - This is my first attempt at a website and even I'm surprised at the result.

The website template I used was care of OpenWebDesign - This is an excellent source of Open Source website templates as it is.

Regards,

Not the man I once was

bdb
October 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't have a forum. With so many places to get information it can become overwhelming, redundant or under used. I would link to a few existing forums that you like (ubuntuforums.org comes to mind)

-bdb