PDA

View Full Version : new Specification: Deploy Jabber community channels

samir85
October 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Hey guys,

I just filed my first specification. It discusses if we should deploy jabber conference channels. Since this my first specification I've forget a lot of things for sure and also my English is not the best. So if you guys have any idea, you are welcome to constribute to this spec !

regards Samir

castrojo
October 24th, 2006, 04:46 PM
A link would a good first start!

samir85
October 24th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh sorry !
I'm a little thick-headed :D

Well, there you go:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EasyCollaborationWithJabber

finalbeta
October 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Seems you discussed this on the dev mailing list, and it was shot down.

Ignoring what was said on the mailing lists, personally I'm not very likely to idle in jabber channels since 99% of what I need is on IRC.

PriceChild
October 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm agreeing that irc or mailing lists are the best place for this, there is even a couple of channels for this purpose.

*moves to cafe*

samir85
October 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Seems you discussed this on the dev mailing list, and it was shot down.

Ignoring what was said on the mailing lists, personally I'm not very likely to idle in jabber channels since 99% of what I need is on IRC.

Yeah, we indeed discussed this at the dev mailing list. There were people who agreed and people who disagreed with it. Anyway, I created a specification for this, because there were so many mails about this topic, that many arguments have been lost in this mail chaos.

Anyway, everyone is welcome to contribute to the specification. One of the goals of the specification is to evaluate if the Jabber is suitable for Ubuntu or not, so both pro and against Jabber arguments are welcome there. Just make sure to read the specification before editing and add arguments to your statements.

.t.
October 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I think it's a nice idea. I don't understand IRC...