PDA

View Full Version : Need dpkg help - file shows up as corrupt

alecjw
October 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
I've just made my first .deb today, of folding at home. But it doesn't work. When i try to open it with GDebi, it gives me an error that it is corrupt or i don't have access to it, but the access level is 777 or wahtever full RW access to everyone is. I've attached the files which I made the package out of (dir.tar.bz2) and the DEB file (foldingathome_5.02_all.deb.gz (This is not a GZ file, it's a .deb, but I can't upload .deb files)) in case anyone wants to see them to check out what's wrong with it. I made it using the command:

dpkg -b /path/to/directory/ foldingathome_5.02_all.deb

Can anyone help me fix this problem? I've tried running the commmand again a few times in case the file actaully was corrupt but it didn't seem to help.

Thanks.

alecjw
October 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Bump...

.t.
October 23rd, 2006, 11:09 PM
Errr... I've just been teaching myself about packaging. I'll give this problem a shot.

What method are you using to make the package? checkinstall? Or vanilla dpkg-buildpackage, with your own control/rules/changelog files?

alecjw
October 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Errr... I've just been teaching myself about packaging. I'll give this problem a shot.

What method are you using to make the package? checkinstall? Or vanilla dpkg-buildpackage, with your own control/rules/changelog files?

I used dpkg --build (whihc i think is the same as dpkg-buildpackage, but I'm not sure)

Btw, I've been a ******* user 1996/7-2006 too (since i was 4/5... how sad) I agree. 10 years is too long.

.t.
October 24th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Try using dpkg-buildpackage... I dunno...

And I'm sad too.

John.Michael.Kane
October 24th, 2006, 01:09 AM
This may offer some help

Howto make debian standard debs from scratch (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=51003&highlight=howto+build+deb)