PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Posts......

jdong
April 19th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Maybe I should get outside more....

This is my 2001st post on UbuntuForums :)

bored2k
April 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I still don't understand how get enough time to build robots, maintain the backports and help in the forums. Maybe you guys get 36 hours a day in Michigan :-| ..

totalshredder
April 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Welcome to the forums; remember to click the search button!

dataw0lf
April 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I still don't understand how get enough time to build robots, maintain the backports and help in the forums. Maybe you guys get 36 hours a day in Michigan :-| ..

Jeez, look who's talking. Don't you work part time, and go to school? At least jdong has been around since October! ;)
Ah, ye uber posters. Thankfully, I'm not working 60-70 hour weeks anymore programming, and then trying to fit partying in too (it's a necessity for me). Yay for network administration!

az
April 19th, 2005, 07:37 PM
"Yay for network administration!"

That involves partying?

"Uh, Honey, I quit my job to become a Net admin....'

poofyhairguy
April 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM

I've heard it before, but it applies here well:

Texstar is to Mandrake as Jdong is to Ubuntu.

Would be a lot less loved without such efforts.

dataw0lf
April 19th, 2005, 08:17 PM
"Yay for network administration!"

That involves partying?

"Uh, Honey, I quit my job to become a Net admin....'

No, but compared to my previous jobs, it leaves more time to do so.

YourSurrogateGod
April 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Thankfully, I'm not working 60-70 hour weeks anymore programming, and then trying to fit partying in too (it's a necessity for me). Yay for network administration!
Really? That's music to my ears :) . I love doing that stuff without end... maybe it's just me.

TravisNewman
April 19th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Congrats jdong-- with this job change, I have more time at work where I'm just sitting around, so I'm also posting here more all of a sudden

tkiesel
April 19th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Checking posts per day is always an interest of mine. Maybe it's the physics training, but I always love revealing units of the form X/Y.

Me, I think I'm still well below 1 post per day. In college, I was the guy who wanted 20 minors and no major, interested in every single topic under the sun (part of why I eventually grabbed both a physics degree and a philosophy degree). I read just about everything that comes up on the forums (or try to), so maybe that's the compensation for my church mouse-esque posting life. I've learned a heck of a lot just from random browsing, so I'm a happy camper, and I love this community more each day. :)

Congratulations on 2000 posts jdong! May your efforts flourish and prosper. I know that there are probably lots of us that owe you a big hug for your work on backports.

much love,
-T

krusbjorn
April 19th, 2005, 11:03 PM
i was completely new to linux 2 months ago. i havent posted much here, but i go through "new posts" a few times a day, tring to read all that seems to affect me and my comp in one way or the other. thanks to everyone in the forums (especially jdong, panickedthumb and bored2k) i've learnt more about linux than i could ever dream of.

thanks!
and congrats :)

Lovechild
April 20th, 2005, 12:21 AM
congrats.. you officially have less of a life then me, which in itself is saying something.

Thanks for all the hard work man!

jdong
April 20th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your strong, positive support. Never before have I found a friendlier, more courteous community.

This makes all my community contributions well with my time :)

mark
April 20th, 2005, 01:40 AM
jdong, you are just incredible. I can see this forum will suffer if you ever decide to take up sleeping again...<g>

TravisNewman
April 20th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your strong, positive support. Never before have I found a friendlier, more courteous community.

This makes all my community contributions well with my time :)
:)
panickedthumb is getting the warm fuzzies.

Seriously, as most have said-- I don't know how you do it! You've helped me out quite a few times, and many others, you do the backports, you have high school, you do robotics competitions... seriously. You must run on an hour of sleep every night.

Gandalf
April 20th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Congratulations jdong :D

carlc
April 20th, 2005, 04:08 AM
that is a lot of posts, maybe he has built a robot to moderate for him, hmm, something to think about! :wink:

TravisNewman
April 20th, 2005, 04:47 AM
that is a lot of posts, maybe he has built a robot to moderate for him, hmm, something to think about! :wink:
Robots aren't THAT sophisticated--- or at least that's what they want you to think.

carlc
April 20th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Hey, remember the movie "I, Robot"? You never know, first forum moderation next world domination!

Magneto
April 20th, 2005, 05:16 AM
geez what a post *****

(meanwhile I have 5000 posts on some other boards in the same amount of time and no friggin robots to show for it:( )

TravisNewman
April 20th, 2005, 05:21 AM
*L* Last time I read the words "post *****" you were calling me one, Magneto ;) But you appear to be one too with the 5000, so no offense taken :D

Magneto
April 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM
me call someone a *****? never

well since you already saw that post with ***** in it - I said it once. Happy? made me a liar and a damn post *****- you get your thrills belittling a simple linux man don't you?
Thanks Mr. Gates oopps I mean Mr. panickedthumb

;)

Magneto
April 20th, 2005, 05:33 AM
may I add, domi origato mr. roboto jdong

Magneto
April 20th, 2005, 05:33 AM
(.............1491 to go)

TravisNewman
April 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM
*lol*

Edit: and I know that kind of post is usually made my a post <insert synonym for woman of ill repute>, but what was really funny.

poofyhairguy
April 20th, 2005, 06:44 AM
(meanwhile I have 5000 posts on some other boards in the same amount of time and no friggin robots to show for it:( )

I bet you sleep...

benplaut
April 20th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the forums; remember to click the search button!

hilarious :roll:

But congrats (to jdong) on the 2K! http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/eusa_dance.gif

TravisNewman
April 21st, 2005, 12:18 AM
So, jdong, is this seat taken? *L*

I just happened to glance at my post count, and this should be post 2000. We should get some kind of award for that!

jdong
April 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
Congrats :)

Bored2k, join the party!

TravisNewman
April 21st, 2005, 12:50 AM
I hate night shift, but I have more free time when I can't do anythign else to talk here, so I'll probably have around 3000 by the end of my month on night shift.

bored2k
April 21st, 2005, 01:18 AM
I have 100 posts to reach my bored2k status :-\

TravisNewman
April 21st, 2005, 03:08 AM
I have 100 posts to reach my bored2k status :-\
*L* You should make a new account at 2000, call yourself bored3k, and then shoot for 3000!

OK no, you shouldn't :)

bored2k
April 21st, 2005, 04:28 AM
*L* You should make a new account at 2000, call yourself bored3k, and then shoot for 3000!

OK no, you shouldn't :)
Maybe u-g could change my nickname when I get there :roll:

edit > Just kidding, I've being using bored2k since 7th grade [maybe 8th]. It wasn't long ago though ;). I have bored2k registrations splattered all over, I can't just go "3k", my fan's "I love 2k" tshirt would be useless lol.

Magneto
April 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
attention whores smh

what is sleep? is that one of those hybrid animals like a liger?

poofyhairguy
April 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
what is sleep? is that one of those hybrid animals like a liger?

No, its a side effect from lots of beer and boring cable.