PDA

View Full Version : Dapper as Strong As A Tank; Edgy Fast Like A Porsche

deweese
October 20th, 2006, 06:02 AM
I really like Dapper. It's a little slower than Edgy but stable like
steel. Edgy is speedier. It has a lighter feeling. In a storm, it is safer
in a sturdier stronger Tank than a lightweight vehicle that could be swept away in a tornado. Dapper is the Iron Man Operating System. Edgy is the racing champ. DO you have any imagery or symbolism to compare these TWO
GREAT operating systems?

Cheers,

Shay Stephens
October 20th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Dapper is the one I used to use...edgy is the one I am going to use next ;-)

Edgy is nice and stable on my machine, as stable as dapper, but with new goodies and speedier performance.

maniacmusician
October 20th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Dapper is the one I used to use...edgy is the one I am going to use next ;-)

Edgy is nice and stable on my machine, as stable as dapper, but with new goodies and speedier performance.
so...more like a ferrari than a porsche? ;)

justin whitaker
October 20th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I like the performance in edgy...I'll just wait until release to make the shift. Dapper isn't going anywhere...

maniacmusician
October 20th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I like the performance in edgy...I'll just wait until release to make the shift. Dapper isn't going anywhere...
i agree. in fact, i'll wait a until a little after release, to watch people dist-upgrade and see how it goes.

~LoKe
October 20th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Edgy has been perfect for me since the Alpha release. Sure, there's the occasional problem, but it has always been easy enough to resolve.

po0f
October 20th, 2006, 06:47 AM
I've been using Edgy as long as I've been using Ubuntu and have never run into a problem.

chaosgeisterchen
October 20th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I feel like having the more stable version by using Edgy rather than by using Dapper...

easyease
October 20th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Im loving edgy because......
1, The new version of Kaffeine is great with my artec usb dvb-t device. It uses only half the cpu it did previously in breezy, and the device wasnt even detected under Dapper! im over the mnoon at that.:-D
2, It does seem to be faster, and the new "jingle" music on start-up is cool.
I only installed Edgy two days ago but glad i did. Ive still got breezy on a seperate partition.

The only downside is that i miss a lot of my firefox extensions, firefox bon echo is still lacking in that department, and its not easy to find a clear list of extensions that do work.