PDA

View Full Version : Post has disappeared

mattheweast
October 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I posted to this thread about an hour and a half ago, but my reply has now disappeared. Any ideas what happened?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1625481

PriceChild
October 19th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I have checked the thread and the only replies i can see within the past 2 days is from you.

2 options:
1. You didn't correctly hit "send" or the page didn't load properly or finish etc.
2. An admin has "hard" deleted the post for reasons unknown. (mods may only "soft" delete, leaving it viewable by the staff team still)

I seriously doubt the second, and would advise you to just repost it.... sorry :)

mattheweast
October 19th, 2006, 11:46 AM
2 options:
1. You didn't correctly hit "send" or the page didn't load properly or finish etc.

I saw the page load after posting, and my reply appeared.

2. An admin has "hard" deleted the post for reasons unknown. (mods may only "soft" delete, leaving it viewable by the staff team still)

Very unlikely - there was nothing controversial in the post.

I seriously doubt the second, and would advise you to just repost it.... sorry :)
:( it was quite a long post. I'll try and find some time to do it again.

PriceChild
October 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I saw the page load after posting, and my reply appeared.I may be very wrong.... but here goes:

This board is pretty heavily customised. as far as i can tell, When you press "quick reply", write your message then click send, it sends the message, pastes it to the bottom of the current page, but doesn't reload the entire page... The message may not have got through.

Who knows... i'm sure an admin might be able to shed some light.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pricey

mattheweast
October 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I've twigged what the problem was - it was my fault. I previewed the post instead of submitting it... doh!

Sorry for taking your time with my own mistake!

matthew
October 19th, 2006, 12:02 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I've done the same thing on occasion.