PDA

View Full Version : No loading splash

Kacey
October 18th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I had Ubuntu setup on my system when I ran across this great project. What I did then was ran the script to update my system, but there was a problem. The update script went flawlessly and I was very excited to give it a look. Now everything works but when I load Ubuntu I have no splash screen, its all black and white text now. Is there somthing that I need to manualy do to get this to work?

p.s. I really like this bundle, and I am going to set this up on all my systems. I was a little scared that my XGL and compiz was going to have some problems, but everything is great. Thanks

mhancoc7
October 19th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I had Ubuntu setup on my system when I ran across this great project. What I did then was ran the script to update my system, but there was a problem. The update script went flawlessly and I was very excited to give it a look. Now everything works but when I load Ubuntu I have no splash screen, its all black and white text now. Is there somthing that I need to manualy do to get this to work?

p.s. I really like this bundle, and I am going to set this up on all my systems. I was a little scared that my XGL and compiz was going to have some problems, but everything is great. Thanks

Hi Kacey,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying Ubuntu CE. Also thanks for the feedback on the Convert_Me script. It is nice to hear from users on their experiences.

The issue you are having with the Usplash is a fairly common one with Ubuntu in general. Here is a link to a very nicely done and comprehensive How To: that should help you fix the Usplash.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=258484&highlight=vga%3D791+usplash

Just let me know if you have any questions and let us know if you get it going.

God Bless, Jereme

Famke
May 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM
very nice post.
i ahve accepted you post informations.