PDA

View Full Version : some video Ipod shipped with Windows virus.

slimdog360
October 18th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Apple Computer has issued a warning to customers that some of its latest Video iPods have shipped with a Windows virus.

"We don't know for certain what the virus is or what it does but it most likely would be a variant of the Windows32/jump worm."

It affects less then 1% of the video Ipods shipped, but still, imagine how many that would be. Its supposed to do nothing to the ipod but when attached to a windows computer thats when it attacks.

I cant believe any company could let something like this happen.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php?id=772356315&eid=-108

Not the man I once was
October 18th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Greetings,

I read this article via Slashdot and the comments associated we're mature whatsoever. Apparently Apple has slated this is a purposeful act to ensure Windows Users install AntiVirus software on their systems. If I'm quite honest I find Apple's apparent "immunity" from Malware in their Advertisements misleading and wishful thinking given that no Operating System is secure and it is entirely plausable that a Virus will be released. They experienced the Leap.A Worm and the dedicated masses flocked to protected their "immune" Platform.

Apple's stance on Security is atrocious. Microsoft's Seminars for Apple regarding Security were appropriate because they rely on UNIX core roots and desgin implementations to "protect" the User. It's false thinking and I look on Apple with part disgust at their Marketing. I agree with their Advertisement regarding System Rebooting, Microsoft should remove the Windows Registry and implement a design that doesn't require Rebooting. This would also incur the Malware vector it poses.

:-k

Regards,

Not the man I once was

mozetti
October 18th, 2006, 11:13 AM
As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it.

Well, I'm upset at Apple for trying to blame Windows for their oversight that resulted with installating viruses on their customers' computers. That's crap.