PDA

View Full Version : Minimap in wow using ATI

myname
October 12th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I finally got WoW running with my Radeon x1600:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1605729&postcount=8

The only problem is, my minimap is white when I enter an INN or a city. This is by no means a show stopper b/c I can at least play the game now. w00t!!!

However, if I can get the minimap to work in Cities this would be great for trying to find that 1 person to return a quest to when I'm lost and have no clue where they are. :)

Any ideas?

--Kevin

ins0mn1ax
February 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Just like to add, although this is over a year later, I too am having the same problem of a white mini-map when indoors but with an x1950 instead.

Other than that the game runs perfectly.
I have tried googling the issue but no success - it does point to some statements on the Wine appdb but that is down currently so can't see if any fixes are listed!

ANyone with any ideas on fixing this?

******EDIT******

Have just looked at the cached google pages for appdb and found its a known issue with ATI cards and the latest WINE version still... :(

acoustibop
February 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Would this not be better in the Wine section of the forum then, ins0mn1ax?

ins0mn1ax
February 7th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yes, it would be, in hindsight. I simply searched for any threads with the same subject and added to the thread as I thought it would be better than creating a whole new thread.

My apologies!

Spydr4590
February 7th, 2008, 04:27 AM
This is a known issue for ATI Cards and has been for months now. There is no fix as far as I know of.