PDA

View Full Version : Beryl Idea

alecjw
October 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying when you accidentaly scroll to the edge of the screen and beryl flips it over when you don't want it to?

I think that you should need to clearly indicate that you want to flip it - perhaps by bashing the edge of the screen twice in a row with your cursor.

angkor
October 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying when you accidentaly scroll to the edge of the screen and beryl flips it over when you don't want it to?

I think that you should need to clearly indicate that you want to flip it - perhaps by bashing the edge of the screen twice in a row with your cursor.

These settings are configurable (?) in beryl's settings manager.

PriceChild
October 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I've never had a problem with this.

You can disable it if you would like in bsm.

Kindred
October 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see window managers adopt the Openbox (& maybe others) way of moving windows to different workspaces, if you're dragging a window, roll up or down with the mousewheel and it'll be moved to the next or previous workspace. It works far better than dragging a window across workspaces. Beryl is coming along fine though, switching desktops with the mousewheel was desperately needed...and provided.

PriceChild
October 11th, 2006, 05:57 PM
If you really feel strongly about it, then the place to get it noticed is on beryl's official forums: http://forum.beryl-project.org/ or maybe their bug tracker.