PDA

View Full Version : To move out or not to move out

insane_alien
October 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
okay so i may have a chance to move out to flat in the city with a couple of friends IF one of them drops out (and at the moment it looks like he will).

i'll need to get a new job soon anyway and i can get one that will allow me to pay the rent (and other essentials like takeaways, booze and broadband.) near where the flat is.

I've made a list of pro's and cons and they balance out. i've flipped some coins(100 at once for the noise) and probability has came out 50/50 soo i'm going to base it on this.

should i go? yay or nay

Tomosaur
October 11th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Unless you live in a million dollar mansion, then yes, move out.

OffHand
October 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM
If you're 18+ get the hell out of there.
I moved out of my parents house at the age of 18 and I never regretted it.
My parents didn't either hehe :mrgreen:
I had a good life at my parents but living on yourself is awesome.
Been doing it for 10 years now :twisted:

encompass
October 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Just remember to be responsible... not too much drinking. If any. And never do drugs man. They ruin your life. And don't go having sex with everyone... save if for AFTER marraige... greatest blessing for the both of ya will be to say you reserved your self for her.
But now I am rambling.

mozetti
October 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ok, well I'm not gonna get preachy on ya, like encompass did, because the reason you should move out is so you can grow up and figure that stuff out on your own.

If you're 18+ and can support yourself, then move out. You'll learn alot, grow up alot (in a good way ;) ), and have a lot of fun. Especially when you're livin' with your mates.

Good luck!

slimdog360
October 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I suppose it depends how old you are. If your like 18 or older then go for it. Im 20 and dying to get out of here, but first I need to finish my uni degree so I can get a good job. I wouldnt listen to encompass, he's a mormon. Sex, drugs and rock and roll all the way. Well actually Id have to agree with encompass on the drugs part, they do suck.

aktiwers
October 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Go for it!

Drink some beers, meet some girls and have fun with your friends!

insane_alien
October 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
okay... looks like i'm gonna move out.

encompass was a bit preachy but i do agree with his first 2 points. i rarely drink to excess and the only drugs i've took have been prescribed so nothing illegal. a tad too late for the last one though:D although if me and my gf got married the only real difference would be that we had a bit of paper with our names on it.

pity she doesn't want to move out just yet.

halfvolle melk
October 11th, 2006, 04:00 PM
If your decision making is based on what others tell you to on some forum you might want to stay a bit longer until you have learnt to decide for yourself :p

OffHand
October 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
If your decision making is based on what others tell you to on some forum you might want to stay a bit longer until you have learnt to decide for yourself :p
:mrgreen:

insane_alien
October 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM

haha! yeah i don't base all my decisions on a forum but i was sorta leaning towards "yay" by the time i posted this. i figured these fora would offer a much better opinion than a coin toss. the biggest cons are being away from my family most of the time and not much of an internet connection(56k) but i could always nip up to the uni for getting the latest .iso of ubuntu.

Koori23
October 13th, 2006, 02:49 AM
I jumped head long into this.. I bought a whole house at 23.. Just me.. no one else living with me.. So it was sink or swim. You learn a few things, first.. You aren't as smart as you think you are.. Second, your parents suddenly look like geniuses. Third, no matter how much you want to call in to work and snuggle under the covers, you have a VERY large sum of money that you owe a bank that doesn't care about you.. So, get up and punch that clock.