PDA

View Full Version : GCC tutorials

mavix
October 10th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Where can I find good GCC tutorials? I could find nothing usefull in Google.

public_void
October 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM
You could try looking at the GCC manuals (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/). However there complicated but do cover everything about GCC.

amo-ej1
October 10th, 2006, 10:57 AM
What exactly do you want to do ? Learn programming in C ? Or something else ?

mavix
October 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I am still learning to program in C, but I am using Visual C++ 6.0 in Windows, and not all of the commands are the same, I think.

loell
October 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM
autotools is the way, these are command line tools for managing and builing c source projects.

but for most basic part, if your just programming through standard library
ie (stdio.h)

i think

gcc -o filename.c name_of_program.o

will do :)

amo-ej1
October 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
The c/c++ language specification will not change, the API you are using will chance (given that you are programming win32 or MFC). So given that you're just starting there's only a small chance you're already doing graphical or window specific things. So each piece of code you've written this far should in fact compile perfectly with gcc/g++.

mavix
October 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
autotools is the way, these are command line tools for managing and builing c source projects.

but for most basic part, if your just programming through standard library
ie (stdio.h)

i think

gcc -o filename.c name_of_program.o

will do :)
Thanks

MWAAAHAAA
October 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM

I tend to disagree. Autotools are much too complicated IMHO and unless you are writing programs for a very wide range of platforms, I would recommend anyone to stick with simple, yet well-written, Makefiles.