PDA

View Full Version : Python & PyGTK: Recreating Ubuntu's Add/Remove

walesmd
October 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
First of all let me say I am new to both Python and PyGTK, but I am thoroughly impressed. Python is extremely simple compared to languages I have learned in the past and it being platform independent is always a plus.

As for my question:
I am currently working on a complete copycat of Ubuntu's Add/Remove Manager. This program will serve as a "package manager" for various QuakeWorld related files (maps, configs, models, etc).

I am trying to replicate the look and feel of Ubuntu's Manager as closely as possible but I am having some issues using the right widgets.

The menu on the left - what sort of widget is this? It appears to be toggleable buttons although they have their own graphical properties (the white background, blue selection - not matching the GNOME theme). Am I mistaken here? If not, how do you "style" these elements?

Finally, the list view at the top. It appears to be a "spreadsheet" (for lack of a better term) with checkbox selections - unfortunately I can't come close to figuring out how this is done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks a ton!

BTW: For everyone out there using Glade, give Gazpacho a try - it's awesome.