PDA

View Full Version : Request: Openoffice.org 1.9.m93

jasplund
April 15th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I'd really love to see the latest OOo snapshot in backports since there's language packs (swedish) available for that version.

Johan

Gnobody
April 15th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I second that request!

jdong
April 15th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Ok, I'll see if I can get on that.

the last time I tried this, I found the existing build scripts and debianization was already too different because of the fast-evolving nature of OOo 2.

jonny
April 16th, 2005, 11:33 PM
If it helps anyone in the meantime, .deb files are available here (http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/SRC680_m93/Build-1/) , together with loads of language packs. I'm still on v1.9.92 myself, but I've obtained several builds from this site with no significant problems.

My biggest request is for the OOo gnome integration package. The standard OOo open and save dialogues are functionally weak, and the Windows-style default colour scheme is ugly.

jdong
April 16th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Hmm, now is that ".tar.gz" source archive debianized?

If it is, I have no problem with recompiling it and placing it in "bleeding" for us to play with :)

rwabel
April 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Hmm, now is that ".tar.gz" source archive debianized?

If it is, I have no problem with recompiling it and placing it in "bleeding" for us to play with :)

I've downloaded once the ta.gz and init there where all the .deb files for oo2 beta. I guess that means you can recompile them and place them in "bleeding"

would be great.

I've attached a pic of the archive, sorry for the file size

jasplund
April 17th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Itīd be great if you could do that with the language packs as well. Or will it be possiible for me to just brag the language pack from that ftp?

Johan

jdong
April 17th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I've downloaded once the ta.gz and init there where all the .deb files for oo2 beta. I guess that means you can recompile them and place them in "bleeding"

would be great.

I've attached a pic of the archive, sorry for the file size

No, those are binaries. I was asking about where is the source code that this guy used to create the RPM's and DEBs, because they are nowhere to be found on that server.

rwabel
April 17th, 2005, 09:33 PM
No, those are binaries. I was asking about where is the source code that this guy used to create the RPM's and DEBs, because they are nowhere to be found on that server.

you are right, sorry.
The only sources I could find are these here. Don't know how recent they are (dated from march, guess still newer than the one in ubuntu hoary)
http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/source/

I hope this helps

jonny
April 17th, 2005, 09:47 PM
No, those are binaries. I was asking about where is the source code that this guy used to create the RPM's and DEBs, because they are nowhere to be found on that server.If you install the binaries, you get his contact details in Help -> About OpenOffice.org. I won't post them here to spare him the worst of the world of spam, but he's part of the OpenOffice team and might well be willing to point you towards his source files.

I won't try to contact him myself, as I'd be unlikely to understand the questions that need to be asked :???:

jdong
April 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Ok. After this server migration dust settles, I'll look further.

Gnobody
April 21st, 2005, 04:58 PM
Anything new on upgrading to the latest milestone of OO.o2 ?

jasplund
April 26th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Anything new?

1.9.95 is available now btw

asimon
April 26th, 2005, 12:26 PM
1.9.95 is available now btw

This version seems to have some serious issues. See the thread "Don't use OpenOffice.org Beta (1.9.95)" (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=29572).
But according to that thread there is a 96 milestone on the ftp server which fixes that issue.

damonw5
May 1st, 2005, 02:33 AM
I'd love an OpenOffice backport... anything > 1.9.76 :)

jdong
May 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Remind me why Canonical is being so slow with Breezy development???

I'm not gonna spend 10+ nonstop hours trying to get Openoffice2 to patch and compile, just to find out it's a buggy beta.

I'll backport when I can find someone else's debianized sources for Openoffice.