PDA

View Full Version : Rain

ekuliak
October 5th, 2006, 03:48 AM
What do you guys think of rain and why?

I love the rain. I love walking in the rain, listening to the rain, and watching the rain. It rained for the first time since the early days of summer, so I was really happy today.

Skia_42
October 5th, 2006, 03:51 AM
"Anyone who loves basking in the sun has never danced in the rain."

Bree
October 5th, 2006, 03:55 AM
There is nothing better than aimlessly walking in the rain with Elliott Smith on my mp3 player <3

fuscia
October 5th, 2006, 03:56 AM
when i used to play a lot of golf, i hated it. now that i own a yard, i appreciate it.

zachtib
October 5th, 2006, 04:14 AM
love rain, and we got a lot of it a couple weeks ago. campus was flooded with several feet of water

Zyzzyx
October 5th, 2006, 07:20 AM
I like it in general. I love watching it. I love going out for a drive in the rain (but I don't like OTHER folks driving in the rain, they scare me).

But since I'm primarily a cyclist, the rain gets rather annoying.

That's ok though, because I'm living in Eastern Washington state, only get ~6" of rain/year.

gnomeuser
October 5th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I like rain provided the following:

1) I don't have to go out in it
2) My laundry isn't hung out to dry

leev
October 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Rain is awesome. It doesn't rain enough where I live though.

Kateikyoushi
October 5th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I like it especially the scent of it, but dislike if it lasts too long.

henriquemaia
October 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I love it when it's time for it. I love it more since I live on a very dry town.

v8YKxgHe
October 5th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I love listening to rain and the mood it kinda gives while I'm on the PC - I also love the mood and the type of lighting of when it Thunders!

But since I'm primarily a cyclist, the rain gets rather annoying.

Yeah I hate that to! It's been raining a lot here so I havn't been able to ride =(

punkinside
October 5th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I love rain as long as I dont have to go anywhere. Caracas gets gridlocked everytime 3 or 4 drops of watter drop and it takes 4 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds to get across town.

argie
October 5th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I love it. So rare...

graabein
October 5th, 2006, 01:54 PM
You live in sunny California. Every day is hot and sunny. No wonder you love the rain. ;)

raublekick
October 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
what's a little rain?

i love it! well, except when it rains for a week at a time, then i just want sun again.

last night it was supposed to storm, and i was standing outside feeling the crazy pre-storm winds and staring at the nice black cloudy sky, just waiting to feel that first drop before the downpour. but then it never rained!

paul cooke
October 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
What do you guys think of rain and why?

I love the rain. I love walking in the rain, listening to the rain, and watching the rain. It rained for the first time since the early days of summer, so I was really happy today.

you won't like what's outside mine today... cold, miserable, mizzle... and there's a nasty cold wind to go with it...

beercz
October 5th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Whether I like rain or not, depends on several factors: My mood, whether there is anything good on tv, if I have a day off work or it's weekend or I am on holiday, on what I am doing, and so on.

I chose the neutral option.

Lord Illidan
October 5th, 2006, 05:18 PM
After a hot dry summer, I welcome the rain. Apart from the fact that moist soil gives off a really nice scent, it also heralds less heat.

I love most being at home in front of the fire looking outside.

What I don't like is too many thunderstorms, as lightning strikes can quickly fry my pc!

pelle.k
October 5th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I really love both rain and thunder. The sound of rain against the roof is my favourite.

the.dark.lord
October 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'm rather fond of the monsoon... but I hate it when it rains way too much

der_joachim
October 5th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I love some rain on my long distance runs.

mips
October 5th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Living in a reletively dry country I like the rain. Don't like playing golf in the rain though. Our spring rain just started :)

ekuliak
October 6th, 2006, 12:53 AM
You live in sunny California. Every day is hot and sunny. No wonder you love the rain. ;)

:biggrin:

This past March or May (I forget which it was), we only had 4 days where it wasn't raining. I think it must be some sort of rain record here.

The only time I havn't liked the rain was when it was pouring and a few of my textbooks got soaked and the ink started to run. I didn't notice till I got home, I was really enjoying the rain that day up until that point (and I didn't hate the rain at that point, I just wished I didn't have my backpack with me)

PriceChild
October 6th, 2006, 01:13 AM
There's nothing like sitting under canvas watching a good storm with rain hitting the tent.... and also watching little people in your doe group scurry around fixing their tent while you laugh!