PDA

View Full Version : samsung a900...?

maniacmusician
October 5th, 2006, 12:39 AM
does anyone have a samsung a900 or a900m and has gotten it to connect to the computer on linux via usb?

searched the forum, but couldnt find anything.

ComplexNumber
October 5th, 2006, 12:02 PM
does anyone have a samsung a900 or a900m and has gotten it to connect to the computer on linux via usb?

searched the forum, but couldnt find anything.
i dont think there is a way. you'll probably have to use windows + pc studio software. the software is available for free from samsungmobile.com

DoctorMO
October 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Bleh, I have a sony p900 and it uses SyncML, and while there is a nice libary libsyncml neither gnome or kde applications use it. prefaring to make their own *sigh* so It looks like when I get a spare moment after my current projects I'll have to fix that too.

OK the reson for that ramble is: find out how the phone works, whats it's sync methods are because normaly they don't invent new ones when old ones will do they even have some of them on dedicated chips. ok so once you've found what kind of protocol it uses you can find out if any of the apps support it.

I've noticed that there is _way_ too much configuration to get a phone working in all phone sync applications and I don't like the way some applications try and copy palm desktop or some other horrible windows sync engine it should be a little icon on your taskbar with a very simple config pannel.

I didn't intend for a rant, lol