PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite kinds of music?

Omnios
October 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Multiple choice poll:!

What kind of music is your favorit to listen to on the internet?
And do you have any favorit songs?

ComplexNumber
October 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
i voted for blues, jazz, alternative, and classical. most of the others i can't immediately warm to unless its watered down.
i have too many favourite songs to list because i like them all in different ways.

xmastree
October 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Blues and Jazz. Also, chillout/ambient.

songo
October 4th, 2006, 07:22 PM
i was about to vote in this pool, but what's that rap/hip-hop/reggae melting?
i would understand something like reggae/world or reggae/dancehall, but that? [-(

Anonii
October 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Classical and Rock/Metal, for me.

happy-and-lost
October 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
British Indie/Alt like Embrace, Snow Patrol, Thirteen Senses, Keane, COldplay etc.

Favourite song? Ooh... "Out Of Nothing" by Embrace (Who I'm seeing on Friday :D)

Lord Illidan
October 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Everything..I like classical, pop, rock...I hate techno though..

Omnios
October 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
i was about to vote in this pool, but what's that rap/hip-hop/reggae melting?
i would understand something like reggae/world or reggae/dancehall, but that? [-(

Hi the poll could only have 10 entries so I had to sqeeze some stuff together and left others out.

songo
October 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hi the poll could only have 10 entries so I had to sqeeze some stuff together and left others out.
so, you knew what you was doing?

Josh1
October 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Metal/rock... lol. :)

Dinerty
October 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Trance, Hard house, Opera and Ballads.

henriquemaia
October 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Only classical. Don't have time (or patience) for more.

era86
October 4th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Jazzy Hip Hop? haha john mayer because guitar=life

Zweih
October 4th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Metal. Metal. METAL. METAL. METAL.

bigken
October 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Rock/Metal ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Deep Purple

alecjw
October 4th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Rock/Metal ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Deep Purple

I second that
And queen - queen rocks!
And killers
And guns 'n' roses

ruhar
October 4th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Mastodon

christhemonkey
October 4th, 2006, 09:56 PM
You have country music twice no your poll?!

I voted:
Rock/Metal
Blues and Jazz
Electronic and Dance
Classical

I dont have eclectic tastes at all...

Atm i am loving a bit of pink floyd.

Omnios
October 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM
You have country music twice no your poll?.

I was in a hurry as my ride was on its way and did a big typo. Im going to see if a mod can change it.

ComplexNumber
October 4th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I was in a hurry as my ride was on its way and did a big typo. Im going to see if a mod can change it.
change it to what? how about 'soul/gospel' or funk? they deserve a place in the poll.

futz
October 5th, 2006, 12:45 AM
PsyTrance (PsychoTrance) - Also Known As: Goa Trance

leev
October 5th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Indie/indie pop
New Wave
(A bit of) electronic and dance
Classic Rock

I don't have a favorite song because there's so much to choose from.

plb
October 5th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Rock, trance, chillout type stuff. The only country singer that I really like is Johnny Cash..but he isn't 100% country.

bobbybobington
October 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
dance and alternative mostly. Fatboy slim, Chemical brothers, Groove armada, Wookiefoot. But I also like classical and blues/jazz, and rock n' roll.

Albi
October 5th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Trance ftw

xXx 0wn3d xXx
October 5th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Rock and Metal all the way :)

Mr Egg
October 5th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I voted for rock / metal, but I don't really like metal lol. Im more into punk music.

Skia_42
October 5th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Anything and everything except Country and Pop. I do not have any latin, with the exception of some Manu Choa.

fuscia
October 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
you forgot 'broadway'. ](*,) i like to sing broadway more than anything else. i like listening to trance and chillout as they make nice sound tracks for staring at the wall (my favorite activity).

Minyaliel
October 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yes, I missed an option for "musicals" too... I voted rock/ metal, classical, alternative and blues/ jazz; I can't stand blues, to be honest, but I like to listen to Sinatra and the jazz singers from that period. I listen to many kinds of music, but mainly opera, gothic music, postpunk, darkwave, (dark) ambient, new wave, psychedelic rock, rockabilly and dark cabaret (like the Dresden Dolls, if anyone knows them) and the odd ballad. Yes, I'm a sentimental romantic, I even admit it myself.

Erik Trybom
October 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hm... Two people listens to country, but only one listens to country? =)

I'm a metalhead myself, but I like a lot of music.

Old Pink
October 11th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I love music.

I run a music lover/musician community. :) I've made my vote, although why is Country there twice?

ComplexNumber
October 11th, 2006, 07:18 PM
why is Country there twice?
becuase the OP still hasn't suggested an alternative and done something about it.

MetalMusicAddict
October 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Mastodon

Blood Mountain B!tch! \mm/ Hell yea!

METAL!!!!

kazuya
October 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
anime OSTs if that is in the category. I like all versions of anime OSTs from rock, tecno, pop, classical, etc.. They are quite unique.

chaosgeisterchen
October 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Rock/Metal.. in many flavours.

Mainly progressive or other complex sound structures.

xpod
October 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Major stevie wonder fan along with fleetwood mac but like allsorts.....Except the proclamers.I walked 500 miles to get waay from them;)

ebozzz
October 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Multiple choice poll:!

What kind of music is your favorit to listen to on the internet?
And do you have any favorit songs?

What day is it? :-k ;)

Seriously, how I'm feeling or what is happening on a particular day determines what I listen to. If I had to choose favorites it would probably be Jazz/Funk. I'm pretty eclectic though. About the only thing that doesn't get much play from me is Country. Give me some Coltrane or some Parliament/Funkadelic and I'm set! 8)

Anonii
October 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Blood Mountain B!tch! \mm/ Hell yea!

METAL!!!!

YEAH METAL! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

(Couldn't resist :3 )

eriqk
October 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure electronic music and dance music should be lumped into one category. There's plenty undancable electronic stuff out there, and dance music needn't be electronic (funk, early disco, Philly Soul... not to mention acts like Red Snapper).
Anyway, most music I listen to is electronic music, I guess. I also love jazz, baroque and modern classical music.
And what's sometimes called "post rock". Or what's sometimes called "weird folk". Silly names, but I didn't make them up.

Groet, Erik

coder_
October 13th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I like jazz (Especially Afro-Cuban jazz, with the screaming trumpets a.k.a. Arturo Sandoval :P But that's mainly 'cos I play trumpet), classical, baroque, blues, rock from the 60s [and some 70s are okay], and orchestrated Final Fantasy music. :D

ekuliak
October 15th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Rock/Metal, Electronic/Dance, Classical

I've really been getting into Piano music lately.

Omnios
October 16th, 2006, 03:17 AM
becuase the OP still hasn't suggested an alternative and done something about it.

Hi hi I was in a hurry doing this post as my ride was on the way and I had to go. My bad. anyways I PM'd staff and got told to ask a ubber mod and still did not get an answer. I do not think they can change it easilly though so we are probably stuck with the two.

ComplexNumber
October 16th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Hi hi I was in a hurry doing this post as my ride was on the way and I had to go. My bad. anyways I PM'd staff and got told to ask a ubber mod and still did not get an answer. I do not think they can change it easilly though so we are probably stuck with the two.
yeah, i remember asking you want to change the extra 'country' to...then you logged off and didn't come back :p
mods can change the poll easily by adding one of the country entries to the other, then deleting the 2nd country entry or changing it to another entry(eg soul or funk etc)

Bree
October 16th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I'm not sure electronic music and dance music should be lumped into one category. There's plenty undancable electronic stuff out there, and dance music needn't be electronic (funk, early disco, Philly Soul... not to mention acts like Red Snapper).
Anyway, most music I listen to is electronic music, I guess. I also love jazz, baroque and modern classical music.
And what's sometimes called "post rock". Or what's sometimes called "weird folk". Silly names, but I didn't make them up.

Groet, Erik

Ah, I love post rock and electronic. Mogwai, Sigur Rós and Explosions in the Sky, M83 and Boards of Canada = <3

I mostly listen to female fronted bands (Sleater-Kinney, Hole, The Distillers), indie rock (Elliott Smith, Death Cab for Cutie, Rilo Kiley etc), the aforementioned post-rock and electronic, and A LOT of classical. When I was younger I prefered alternative rock, but the only band I still adore from those days is Nirvana.

Gustav
October 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'm currently into post-punk and noice rock (and some 60's pre-punk or avantgarde).

Favourite bands:
Velvet Underground
Stooges
Birthday Party
Jesus Lizard
Big Black (I found out about these not long ago, AND THEY ARE GREAT!!!)

ComplexNumber
October 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Velvet Underground
probably the most influential band since 1950's

eriqk
October 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I'm currently into post-punk and noice rock (and some 60's pre-punk or avantgarde).

Favourite bands:

[...]

Big Black (I found out about these not long ago, AND THEY ARE GREAT!!!)

There's some Big Black on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=big+black&search=Search).

Groet, Erik