PDA

View Full Version : aKademy videos?

Mathias-K
October 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
As a lot of you guys, I'm really looking forward to KDE4. That's why I've been following Linux/FLOSS news pages extra carefully these days, hoping to find videos or audio from the aKademy BoFs or speeches, like we see from Debconf, especially being interested in finding something with Mark Shuttleworth and Jonathan Riddell.

So far, I have found nothing. Have any of you heard of when the multimedia from aKademy will hit the web, if ever?

Can it really be true that a huge event with hundreds of tech-gurus hasn't produced videos or podcast for the community to download?

weatherman
October 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
As a lot of you guys, I'm really looking forward to KDE4. That's why I've been following Linux/FLOSS news pages extra carefully these days, hoping to find videos or audio from the aKademy BoFs or speeches, like we see from Debconf, especially being interested in finding something with Mark Shuttleworth and Jonathan Riddell.

So far, I have found nothing. Have any of you heard of when the multimedia from aKademy will hit the web, if ever?

Can it really be true that a huge event with hundreds of tech-gurus hasn't produced videos or podcast for the community to download?

if you search around (I think it was posted on this forum) there is the video of Aaron's talk about plasma somewhere.

maniacmusician
October 4th, 2006, 02:11 AM
yeah there was. It was really interesting, I thought. Good concept at least. somehow i have a feeling it might not turn out as great as envisioned

edit: here's the thread with the video and pics: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=267293&highlight=plasma

Mathias-K
October 4th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Ahh, all well hidden away in the wiki.

Does anybody have a clue why the KDE people aren't screaming it out loud that you can see media from aKademy? Debian's Debconf videos are also hard to find the first time.

Looking forward to seeing the videos after work :)

GeneralZod
October 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Ahh, all well hidden away in the wiki.

Does anybody have a clue why the KDE people aren't screaming it out loud that you can see media from aKademy? Debian's Debconf videos are also hard to find the first time.

Looking forward to seeing the videos after work :)

Can you post URL's? The only one I can find is Plasma :(

raublekick
October 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
i would like to see some videos too

Mathias-K
October 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Can you post URL's? The only one I can find is Plasma :(

When I wrote that I was half way out of the door, so I just found the Plasma one and thought "aha, they're in the Wiki all of them". Now that I look closer, it seems to me that it's the only one.

Quite strange. Making some videos, editing some wiki pages and managing some torrents should be a small job for some of the FOSS-world's brightest people! :confused:

luca.b
October 6th, 2006, 07:58 AM
They're going to get released this week or next one, according to a reply I read on dot.kde.org.
Slides (apparently, I didn't check) are up on the aKademy site.

asimon
October 6th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Does anybody have a clue why the KDE people aren't screaming it out loud that you can see media from aKademy?
The KDE people were never good in marketing. A more active and agressive marketing team would do them really good. Of course more developers (i.e. non-marketing people) would do them even better. ;-)

Mathias-K
October 7th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of show they put up :)

I expect impressive things from KDE in the near future.

maniacmusician
October 7th, 2006, 02:45 AM
me too. from that plasma video, it seems like they're really rethinking some of their cumbersome flaws, which is awesome. can't wait.