PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Wesnoth

qalimas
April 14th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Does anyone play this game? It's awesome! :D You can find it in synaptic, search for wesnoth.

Also, does anyone know when the files on synaptic will be updated to version 0.9? They released it serveral days ago and have it on the official Debian website, but I've failed to make it work due to it needing other updated files, just wondering when all that will go down ;)

TravisNewman
April 14th, 2005, 11:59 PM
That all depends--

It will probably never be on Warty or Hoary, because they freeze versions at release and only release security updates after that.

However you CAN install it from their repository.

And if not, you could bug jdong to put it into the backports (though I think someone has already requested it).

But you're right-- for an OpenSource game, it's amazing.

qalimas
April 15th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I'll just work on something else, all it says is a lib is out of date, I updated it hten Synaptic went haywire, I had to take it out and put hte older version back, I'll try it again, if it doesn't work I'll port for some help ;) Thanks

It's not only amazing, it's my second favorite game, next to Neverwinter Nights, which I'm azmaeed at how easy it was to install on Linux from my Windows CDs from a few years back XD

TravisNewman
April 15th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I'll just work on something else, all it says is a lib is out of date, I updated it hten Synaptic went haywire, I had to take it out and put hte older version back, I'll try it again, if it doesn't work I'll port for some help ;) Thanks

It's not only amazing, it's my second favorite game, next to Neverwinter Nights, which I'm azmaeed at how easy it was to install on Linux from my Windows CDs from a few years back XD
Ahh that's the key-- you THOUGHT it was a Windows CD, when in fact it was a Windows/Linux hybrid cd :) Neverwinter Nights is good about that.

qalimas
April 15th, 2005, 12:24 AM
lol, they never get the labels on the box right ;) Besides the 5mb client download (SOOOO big!! :P), everythign was available on the CD. I love Bioware :D

DJ_Max
April 15th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Does anyone play this game? It's awesome! :D You can find it in synaptic, search for wesnoth.

Also, does anyone know when the files on synaptic will be updated to version 0.9? They released it serveral days ago and have it on the official Debian website, but I've failed to make it work due to it needing other updated files, just wondering when all that will go down ;)
Why not install it from the source?? You'll be glad you did.

poofyhairguy
April 15th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Why not install it from the source?? You'll be glad you did.

Ewwww....tarballs....