PDA

View Full Version : Onboard on dapper

avelldiroll
October 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Hello everybody,

I would like to run onboard on dapper (i tested it on edgy livecd : real a great app!).

I tried the dapper packages available at the ubuntu wiki page ... i get a segfault on an updated dapper ...

I tried to get the bzr branch on the launchpad ... i compile virtkey (a few warnings about function declaration not being a prototype) and try to run run-onboard.py ... i also get a segfault ...

I did not investigate much further on ... the segfault suggest an error with some c code (my gess would be either virtkey or gtk).

I read that onboard was specifically targeted on edgy, but backporting a few libs won't scare me (but i will wait for gnome 2.16) ... would someone happen to know what is the cause of this ? (I won't have the time to investigate the c code in details and run a debugger until this week end).

Best regards

Avell

frafu
October 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Hello,

I have onboard running in Dapper that is uptodate, though there are a few glitches (for example multiple letters for replying here in firefox).

Moreover, this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=269765) might also be of interest to you.

Unfortunately, I am rather a newbie in linux...

frafu