PDA

View Full Version : Shipit sytem: Hoary?

Alex4R
April 14th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Does the shipit system send Hoary cd's?

Also, what are the advantages of Hoary Hedgehog over Warty Warthog? I searched this topic, but couldn't find anything. Sorry if its a n00b question, hehe.

wondering_jew
April 14th, 2005, 10:40 PM
never hurts to ask :)
As far as I know they are only shipping Hoary out now, I think I read that somewhere a while back.

As far as advantages go its hard to really list them all if you include bugs fixed and more up to date software (gnome open office gaim etc etc etc) I can say that several problems I had where fixed when I upgraded. If i'm going to be getting software I always want the most up to date (official) release as there should be less problems with it in general (usually)... when its all said and done there isn't a reason not to upgrade to the newest release

poofyhairguy
April 14th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Does the shipit system send Hoary cd's?

Also, what are the advantages of Hoary Hedgehog over Warty Warthog? I searched this topic, but couldn't find anything. Sorry if its a n00b question, hehe.

Its not. One huge advantage is that if you have a NVIDIA card, Hoary's xorg will give you an accerated desktop. Other things include a beta OO.org2, new Gaim (much better than wartys) better wireless capabilities (personaly) and a new Gnome.