PDA

View Full Version : Tab reloads

n0dl
October 2nd, 2006, 01:39 AM
I dont know if its just me but I have this strange problem with Firefox with tabs and this site and particular, in terms of tabs. I have several tabs open in firefox and whenever I use alt+<num> to switch tabs *from* the ubuntuforums tab Ubuntuforums reloads itself to display "search results." The strange thing is, I did not enter anything into the search field, nor did I initiate the search. Allow me to reiterate; this only occurs when switching from ubuntu using alt+num. For example, if I have two tabs open, one is ubuntuforums and the other is foo.org, when i press alt+2 to switch to foo.org; ubuntuforums loads up search results. When i press alt+1 to switch back to ubuntuforums it shows the search results page. Does anyone else experience this?

Iandefor
October 3rd, 2006, 03:51 AM
I couldn't replicate this behaviour in Bon Echo Beta 2. Which version of Firefox are you using?

aysiu
October 3rd, 2006, 04:08 AM
This behavior's been around since at least January 2006, if not earlier.

I made a thread about it then: Firefox annoyance--Alt-# to switch between tabs... (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=116703)

At first I thought it was just happening in general. By the fifth post, I realized it was just these forums:
Actually, after testing around a bit, it appears to be a problem unique to the Ubuntu Forums. I had a bunch of webpages open (Google News, Cat of the Day.com, and some other stuff), and I didn't experience the page reloading problem with those.

Edit: It's unique to Ubuntu Forums. I even tested it on LinuxQuestions and KubuntuForums. Maybe it's a vBulletin thing?

RAV TUX
October 3rd, 2006, 04:53 AM
This behavior's been around since at least January 2006, if not earlier.

I made a thread about it then: Firefox annoyance--Alt-# to switch between tabs... (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=116703)

At first I thought it was just happening in general. By the fifth post, I realized it was just these forums:

Have you tested different VBulletins?

should be able to get a list from the vBulletin site.

If it is just Ubuntuforums, then it could be a setting or something?

aysiu
October 3rd, 2006, 05:00 AM
Have you tested different VBulletins?

should be able to get a list from the vBulletin site.

If it is just Ubuntuforums, then it could be a setting or something?
Just tried it on the vBulletin forums, and the same behavior happened. Must be a vBulletin thing, then.

LookTJ
October 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM
I get these issues only on vbulletin boards :(

n0dl
October 3rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
I havent tried any other vbulletin boards but it only happens on my dapper box. My edgy box (which of course runs bon echo) doesnt do this tab reload thingie. Alright well its pretty relieving to know that other people have the same problem. I thought it was just me :D