PDA

View Full Version : Linux talks and interviews

Anonii
October 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
Greetings,

I've been using Linux for that much time, and I havent listened to a single Linux interview by Torvalds or something... I found some GNU talks from RMS, and to be honest, he talks like a super-confident, anti-Microsoft ***, and his every sentence must have at least one point of how Microsoft is planting spywares, how it screws our freedom, how GNU is not Linux, and how Torvals was accepting software from confused GNU programmers. I also listened to a Bradley M. Kuhn's talk about software freedom, which was nice, but these are all GNU people, and as we all know, GNU is not Linux <: . So did someone from the Linux scene like Torvalds or Alan Cox, or a distro's founder has any talks and interviews available for listening? (I dont really want specific Distro talks, something general is better). I found countless magazine interviews, but I want a talk, so that I can "multitask" while listening to them :3

Thanks!

greggh
October 1st, 2006, 09:28 PM
So did someone from the Linux scene like Torvalds or Alan Cox, or a distro's founder has any talks and interviews available for listening? (I dont really want specific Distro talks, something general is better).

You seem to contradict yourself here so I'm not really sure if you would be interested in this, but here is an interview with Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu founder)

http://tllts.info/dl.php?episode=142

The interview starts at 34:17