PDA

View Full Version : Warty final how is it

KiwiNZ
October 30th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen a lot of chat about the final release , are many using it yet ?
I am still using the last RC .I havr had so much fun with it so far and customised heaps. Ubuntu is so easy to work with .
I would love to hear how the final release has gone for others.
I am going to install next week time permiting.

Cheers

mark
October 30th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I haven't seen a lot of chat about the final release , are many using it yet ?
I am still using the last RC .I havr had so much fun with it so far and customised heaps. Ubuntu is so easy to work with .
I would love to hear how the final release has gone for others.
I am going to install next week time permiting.

CheersPut it like this...I no longer have Fedora Core on my system...and I'd been running FC since the first beta. I think you'll like it.

Mark

markw
October 31st, 2004, 02:31 AM
Personally, I found out about it after the pre-release stage was over, but I love it. I used all kinds of other distros and this is by far the best one.

HiddenWolf
October 31st, 2004, 04:03 PM
I have to agree with Markw for 100%.

I loved Debian, but hated their spirit.
I loved Gentoo more, but hated the time it took to compile it all.

This is the best of both worlds for me.

Lovechild
October 31st, 2004, 04:15 PM
it still lacks quite a lot before I would be able to use it everyday, and I'm not sure it's going in the right direction.

But Ubuntu is a very nice distro already and it has potential to become great so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for Hoary to see if it still reminds me of using Debian with the eteral flamewars.

don't get me wrong I do have my laptop running Ubuntu.

cacofonix
October 31st, 2004, 04:17 PM
I have to agree with Markw for 100%.

I loved Debian, but hated their spirit.
I loved Gentoo more, but hated the time it took to compile it all.

This is the best of both worlds for me.

Gentoo is a damn pain with its compiling :D but it definately helps you learn quick. I have finally given up windows Im gonna stick with gentoo and ubuntu.

kastorff
October 31st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Very nice. I still use SuSE 9.1 Professional for my production machine, but I really like Ubuntu 4.1. I'm keeping it on the spare box for now...this is going to be a great distro. For a first release, it is extremely well done.