PDA

View Full Version : Is the latest Quanta+ stable?

Peter Mount
October 1st, 2006, 10:06 AM
Hello

I've tried Quanta+ 3.5.1 as part of kdewebdev and I had problems with it crashing every time I saved php files. This was back in Easter, 2006, when I was using Fedora Core 4. I'm now using Kubuntu Dapper.

Does anybody know if it's still got the same problem? I just tried looking at the bugs page for kdewebdev and it looks like version 3.5.4 doesn't have that problem now but it seemed a bit vague about it.

I'm currently using a Pentium 2-350 so I think PHPEclipse would be too slow on my machine. I'm now using Kate and I did use Bluefish for a while but at the time it was lacking a couple of features. I don't know what Bluefish is like now though

Thanks

Peter Mount
October 22nd, 2006, 04:32 AM
Hello

I've been using Quanta+ for nearly 2 weeks now and it's a case of "so far so good". It did crash once when starting up but apart from that it seems much more stable than before.

Have fun

tseliot
October 22nd, 2006, 10:24 AM
version 3.5.5 works just fine here

FyreBrand
October 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Quanta 3.5.5 is working great for me as is Bluefish. I'm still getting used to it, but the more I use it the more I like it.

It's must faster and has been more stable for me than eclipse. Also Quanta's user interface works better for me.