PDA

View Full Version : so what's the real logic concerning no beans in cafe?

user1397
September 30th, 2006, 06:41 AM
i was just thinking about it, because as far as I know, beans are just a measurement of how many posts you make. it does not mean whether you support people more, or if you ask questions more, or if you are smarter or dumber. all it means is total posts. why then, are beans not counted in the cafe? are posts in the cafe not posts? i don't see the reasoning here. i mean, its not like we're competing for beans in the support forums, now are we? cafe posts should be counted for beans, so then people know how much you're really on the forums, which is the sole reason for beans as I see it (and I know, they're for fun), or else, take out beans all-together.

but please, let's not get counted for beans only in support forums, but rather the whole forum.

*********GI-NORMOUS EDIT: hmmm, i'm actually getting beans every time i post in the cafe....is this something new, a bug, or what?

Rhapsody
September 30th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I've noticed that I've started getting more beans than usual too. A change in policy?

matthew
September 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM
About 2 months ago when we upgraded the forum software we made the change. Now all posts, regardless of where they are made, receive beans.

More about beans here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560

beercz
September 30th, 2006, 10:06 AM
About 2 months ago when we upgraded the forum software we made the change. Now all posts, regardless of where they are made, receive beans.

More about beans here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560
No wonder my bean count has gone up :-)

I tend to contribute to the cafe far more than the other forums, and yesterday I noticed I had a lot of beans (more than I remember having when I last looked).

Now I know.

Thanks

PS Another bean with this post :-)

Engnome
September 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Why are people still talking about beans? Sometime ago it changed now it says posts (atleast to me...?)

beercz
September 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Why are people still talking about beans? Sometime ago it changed now it says posts (atleast to me...?)
Mine still says beans

jISh
September 30th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Says beans here too.
I love the whole coffee theme, it makes the forums unique and fun.

matthew
September 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I just played around a little and discovered that when the profile is on top it says "beans" and when the profile is on the left it says "posts." I'll let ubuntu-geek know.

user1397
September 30th, 2006, 04:55 PM

More about beans here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560ok thanks for the change, it makes more sense now.

iPirates
December 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
When I post in the cafe, my bean count doesn't go up... :(

iPirates
December 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Infact, my bean count isn't going up at all... haha

deanlinkous
December 20th, 2006, 10:24 PM
posts must be worthy to count...... j/k

PriceChild
December 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM
When I post in the cafe, my bean count doesn't go up... :(Its changed again since :)

Posts don't count in cafe or backyard.

user1397
December 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Its changed again since :)

Posts don't count in cafe or backyard......why the sudden change again? i thought we all agreed that posts should count everywhere.....:confused:

aysiu
December 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM
I've moved this thread to a more appropriate place.

user1397
December 24th, 2006, 12:50 AM
so what's the verdict on your decision, staff?

dbbolton
December 24th, 2006, 05:19 AM
so what's the verdict on your decision, staff?
yeah, i don't understand it either.

ashmew2
February 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I want an answer too lol!! Please people , let me know what exactly is the reason for no-bean-count in Cafe ?

ubuntu-geek
February 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I want an answer too lol!! Please people , let me know what exactly is the reason for no-bean-count in Cafe ?
because its fun to watch people go crazy trying to figure out why we have the rule in the first place :)

PriceChild
February 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
So cruel UG :)

ubuntu-geek
February 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
So cruel UG :)
Hehe I know :P