PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Extension Requests

JebusWankel
September 27th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Have you ever thought up a Firefox extension and become apalled to find just what you want doesn't exist? Post your ideas here and hopefully we'll grab the attention of someone who can make them come true. These are mine. By the way if you know of a way to get any of these behaviors I'd love to hear about it. My ideas are:

1. Mute Tab-add 'mute page' option to right-click menu of tabs

Ads don't bother me enough for me to want to block them unless they make an annoying sound (read: any sound) or expand. Mute tab is enough for me.

The next one needs a brief explanation. I consider the status bar a waste of space but also functional. I've added some extensions to get the status bar to earn its worth but I'd rather just remove it. That being said I still would like to be able to preview urls before I click. I would like the url to pop up in that yellow message box that pops up to explain something when you hover your pointer over say the back button and it says 'Go Back One Page'. It would probably work better with a key, like ctrl+[hover]. Come to think of it, it would be cool if that 'Go Back One Page' message immediately shot to the status bar (if you use it). Of course that should only work when the pointer isn't on a page.

2. Hover URL reveal-Get rid of the statusbar but keep the functionality

3. Friendly Statusbar-Have statusbar explain what something does

4. Bookmark menubar- Put your bookmarks in that vacancy to the right of 'Help'

Obviuosly they would be buttons like the bookmark toolbar.